THE ENEMIES OF REASON;RICHARD DAWKINS ON CHANNEL 4 TONIGHT

by badboy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

HE WILL CHALLENGE PSEUDO-SCIENCE IN THIS PROGRAMME TONIGHT.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Dawkins is the champion of evolutionary theory and fanatically anti religious but the theory of evolution though presented as watertight and solid has its own pseudoscience problems.

• DeusMauzzim
    DeusMauzzim

That's why it's called a theory, isn't it Greendawn?

The irony :)

- Deus Mauzzim

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Greendawn,

In what way is Dawkins "fanatically anti-religious"? I'd thought that his anti-religious stance is not without logical reasons. And in the few documentaries and public forums that he has managed, he has allowed others to express why they believe what they believe. In what way is that "fanatical"? Do you splash this caricature on this thread as fact or as opinion?

Dawkins does not shy from calling a spade a spade, even if that stings theists (like yourself?). But that is hardly "fanatical".

INQ

• metatron
    metatron

Reason? or what passes for reason?

Here's the problem: You dump a huge load of mysteries into the Great Genetic Landfill. Genes are

"smart" or "selfish" or "talented" or whatever. In reality, they aren't any of those things. Those

properties describe intelligent people and their traits. This sort of process isn't scientific reductionism,

it's just redundancy.

The more I read about Dawkins, the more logical Sheldrake appears. Do humans share 30 % of our

genes with a banana? Or 99% with chimps? or more than 90% with rodents? Hello?

metatron

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

metatron,

I seek clarification for why the phrase "fanatically anti-religious" has been hurled at Dawkins. I referred to the reasons for his anti-religious position, which is snugly located in a completely different galaxy to reasons for asserting our genes are "selfish".

The more I read about Dawkins, the more logical Sheldrake appears.

You disagree with Dawkins, yet you have only read "about" him?? Is it wise to make such an emphatic criticism of what you think he thinks?

INQ

• badboy
    badboy

IT IS STARTING.

DAWKINS IS GOING TO CHALLENGE ASTROLOGY. AND OTHER SUPERSTITION

• badboy
    badboy

DAWKINS WAS TOLD BY ONE PERSON YOU HAVE SPIRITS SURROUNDING HIM.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I have found Dawkins to be very refreshing in his non-fanatical approach to relijun. He just doesnt pussy-foot around or cut any slack to relijunists like relijunist are used to.

• badboy
    badboy

Next week,he is going to talk about medicine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit