TO BARBARA ANDERSON: MY FOURTEEN YEAR OLD SON

by deborahs_song 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

You mention the possibility of our children shunning us, they would only have to shun us if we left officially. A few years of slowing down will I hope open the way to no shunning. We have no intention of officially leaving the Organization, that is not an option.

In all honesty, Mr Scully and I tried that route. We succeeded in flying under the radar for several years, only because we moved to another congregation and circuit. Once we relocated again, a JW relative put a bug in the ear of the local elders and they eventually found a way to create an excuse for us to be shunned by our JW relatives, even though we have not officially left either. It's all about being perceived as a "good association" or not, and how much pressure is put on family members in terms of what "privileges" they will be allowed to have if they choose your association over "loyalty to the Organization." We actually found out a year after the fact, that the elders announced that Mr Scully had disassociated himself, when he did nothing of the sort.

Don't trust the elders. They do not have your family's best interests at heart, and they will do whatever they deem necessary to force the issue of "loyalty".

• wednesday
    wednesday

Deborah

Jws try and scare everyone with the scripture 'where shall we go..". That is because they want to supplant Jesus and God and have you devote your life to their organization. (recall they changed the baptismal vows in 85) also, you don't have to have it all set up before you leave. just go and you can start looking for churches, and also ways to get involved in the community. .

It is true there are not that many Christan religions that do not believe in the trinity. Take your time, visit churches, and try not to make it a deal breaker. Several have mentioned the unitarian church. I am sure someone must have mentioned belief.net. They have you take a test and you can examine any number of religions in the privacy of your home. Leaving Jws does not mean you leave God or Christ. (they tell you that, but it is not true). A Christin follows the footsteps of Christ and you already know how to do that. you could actually serve God and Christ without ever stepping into a church. your son could find friends at school, after school activities, clubs, other organizations. Get involved with community activities, voting and all the things that go with being a citizen. You might be surprised at the good association you will find.

possibly one other misconception you may have had is xjws are organized. they are not. their views are very varied and contrary to what the wts thinks, they have no leader.

Myself i am leaning toward the new age type religions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit