What Was the Final Straw for Barbara Anderson Leaving the JWs? Here it is..

by Seeker4 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    It was a great meeting, but a no-no from the WTS's view. It never happened again.

And therein lies the crux of the problem.

It's a top-down organization that doesn't have a clue except to use the do-nothing approach in case someone on the outside really finds out what is happening. God forbid they actually listen to people who are actually dealing with the problems.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Lady Lee,

Top down org - how true.

Now, if it was really top down from the ultimate god of the universe, that would be something. But when it's only top down from a bunch of poorly educated old men at Bethel, who are guessing just like the rest of us, only with a lot less wisdom and experience, well, it's something else all together!

A mess.

S4

• Robert222
    Robert222

My father was (and is) an elder. Thru the yrs he and the body of elders handled sex abuse, whether it was a child, or against an adult. Honestly, he and those elders never viewed "sex" as abuse or a crime, no matter what the age of the victim. Even had a few cases of a wife abused by her husband, he beat her repeatedly. The elders asked the wife "what did you do to cause your husband so much grief and anxiety the he was forced to react this way.."

Is it the GB view that sex, or any kind of unwanted behavior and abuse, is just not a crime? That its a personal problem like smoking?

I've noticed many I have known in the congregation to take this view, whether men or women, its just not a crime and should be handled privately by family members with the help of prayer and the elder body.

I don't know how to react to that way of thinking - it leaves me speechless.

I sincerely hope this info gets out to the public to make the "blind" JWs see what is going on.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I wish Barbara was sitting in my kitchen. I've a new bottle of wine for her and a Guinness for Joe.

Skeeter

• Siamsa
    Siamsa

That is one prediction that the Brooklyn Curia got absolutely spot on.

They did not have to manipulate the Bible or historical records to put a date on this one.

They are in the time of their end and will face great tribulation when their victims and the courts are finished with them. Could it have been the fact that the Catholic Church had to pay out millions of Dollars and Euro in well documented abuse cases and the Brooklyn Boyz saw where the train was heading next that caused them to review what God had to say on the matter? The issue in the various civil law cases was guilty knowledge and subsequent inactivity on behalf of the victims by reporting the matters to the legal secular authorities. Was this how their financial and arse covering conscience got pricked ?

Monetary compensation will not make a difference to the victims of abuse by the various organisations who ignored their civic duty victim in the long term, but it will curtail the activities of the abusers and those who created and maintained the shield of silence to protect criminals.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Robert222,

That's exactly correct - the WTS has failed to see pedophilia as a crime. IN FACT, believe it or not, the Society had a policy, when discussing cases of sexual abuse of minors, of asking the elders how many of the body of elders felt that the child victim was at least partially responsible for the abuse!

Get Barbara's CD, which presents absolute proof that this was their viewpoint.

S4

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Seeker4..Cool thread..Thanks to both you and Barbera...OUTLAW

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I was ecstatic to read your statement that the national press issue was headed in the right direction.

I hope 20/20, Dateline, and every other mainstream national program picks it up. Put those sorry bastards to the heat. When the pot heats too quickly, even the most relaxed frogs leap out. At least that is the hope.

Jeff

• TopHat
    TopHat

Hi, seeker, I thought Barbara was disfellowshipped just before she went on dateline....did she leave or was she disfellowshipped?

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Society had a policy, when discussing cases of sexual abuse of minors, of asking the elders how many of the body of elders felt that the child victim was at least partially responsible for the abuse!

Get Barbara's CD, which presents absolute proof that this was their viewpoint.

If a Dateline or 20/20 program were to reveal just a half a dozen of these kinds of documents, it will be extremely damning and incredibly embarrasing to the Brooklyn headquarters. I am wondering if these revelations are going to be a surprise to some of the current GB members. From what it sounds like, many of these documents and pieces of correspondence where generated before many of the current GB members were appointed.

I am also very curious as to how many of the traveling overseers are going to react; particularly those whose names appear on certain correspondence. Will they inwardly feel contrite, or will they stubbornly dig in their heals and "shoot the messenger"?

The actions of the headquarters and the GB in this matter will, I believe, reveal what their true heart condition really is. I have no doubt that the cold "iron-like fist" will come out of the "velvet glove"; as Ray Franz once put it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit