NO WAY!!! Cthulhu is coming to a theater near you!!!!

by avishai 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• avishai
    avishai

They've adapted H.P Lovecrafts Cthulhu mythos into a movie!!!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Is that good news or bad news?

• outnfree
    outnfree

I don't know who/what that is, but I'm happy that you're excited about it.

::D

out

• avishai
    avishai

God, I dunno!!

Bad, if it sux I s'pose.

Good if it does'nt

• VM44
    VM44

The last Cthulhu movie made that I know of was the "Dunwich Horror" made in 1970, and it starred Sandra Dee along with Dean Stockwell!

--VM44

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

There was a hippy movie I love that came out around that time that also starred Dean Stockwell (along w/ Jack Nicholson). I forgot the name but that flick was grooooovy.

• fedorE
    fedorE

For a second i thought u were talking about "Dagon" but after checking IMDB is this what u mean:

..A Seattle history professor, drawn back to his estranged family on the Oregon coast to execute his late mother's estate, is reaquainted with his best friend from childhood, with whom he has a long-awaited tryst. Caught in an accelerating series of events, he discovers aspects of his father's New Age cult which take on a dangerous and apocalyptic significance.

Def worth a look

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Some years back I read H P Lovecraft's horror stories. I read them on a Palm pilot during the meetings at the KH. They were far more interesting than listening to the parts at the meetings. JW mythology doesn't even make good fiction. Anyway, I rather doubt that a movie can do justice to his unique style. Then again, who knows? Could be a winner.

Dave

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Uh oh, they should be careful lest they awaken the deep one.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Some friends and I watched two recent episodes of Dr. Who recently, "The Impossible Planet", and "The Satan Pit". Both episodes featured an alien race called the Ood, who were very Cthulhu-esce in appearance, although it was spoiled a bit by their identical grey "Chairman Mao" uniforms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit