Wedding gifts..wouldn't you feel good about something that lasted 28 years?

by restrangled 10 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

I have sent many gifts to married people, and most of it money.

I received a wedding gift in 1979 that I am using to this day. It was from a family I grew up with, and the parents are now divorced, but at the time were full members of the JW's.

They asked me: did I want a full ensemble for a bedroom from Marshall Fields or a Cuisinart. I chose the later. It was $350.00 in 1979.

I am so glad I did, and still use it to this day. Every time I pull it out I think of this family. 28 years old and it still works like a charm.

I guess just remembering good friends that are long gone.

r.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's a pleasant emotional connection with the past to still have and use something after 28 years. I just wonder what a cuisinard is, it sounds like something used for food preparation perhaps what we call a food processor unit: blender, mixer, slicer, shredder etc

• restrangled
    restrangled

Greendawn....yes a Cuisinart is still available and probably the same price. It is a food processor. But back then I think they made the motors much more powerful.

r.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

350$ Thats a lot of moeny for a wedding present, even in Bushwacked dollars.

• eclipse
    eclipse

They definitely do not make appliances like they used to! They were built tougher and longer lasting than their modern counterparts.

oh, I just made a pun lol

• restrangled
    restrangled

Jabuarbass, yes. that was a huge amount of money in 1979, I wonder what it is intoday's dollars.

r.

• Grammy
    Grammy
    yes. that was a huge amount of money in 1979, I wonder what it is intoday's dollars.

They are very expensive

Cuisinart 20 Cup Food Processor

Priced from: $799.00
    - Model Number: DLC-XP
  • PEC
  • restrangled
    restrangled

Pec, Thanks for that link.

I'm having great fun looking up the price of our first home, car, etc!

r.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I know what you mean. Someone made me a white afghan for our wedding present and then when I had the baby, she made her the nicest afghan. Of course, since I am no longer a jw, I don't see her, don't write, etc but I think of her often because of the blankets and remember how much I loved this woman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit