United Insurance Group in Michigan..Entirely run by witnesses...

by integ 16 Replies latest jw friends

• integ
    integ

Theres a large national insurance agency in Milford, Mi. called United Insurance Group who my friend works for. He says the place ONLY hires witnesses for their fulltime positions at the home office.

Pat Patterson, who runs it, is VERY wealthy. He had actually sold it in '99 for over 10 million us dollars, but as part of the deal remained as CEO.

I asked him if he ever hoped to move up in the company, because he is very qualified, and he said "no way; they only promote Jehovahs".

I wonder if this practice of only promoting "Jehovahs" is legal?

Seriously.

Just curious.

Anybody heard of this company or some of the big wigs such as:

The Bytnars

The Gardners

Matthew Bostwick

or......

Craig Barton

???????????

Thanks,

Integ.

• Arthur
    Arthur

A JW only corporation. How swell. Sort of like a for-profit Bethel. I wonder if they underwrite policies for Armageddon insurance. Buy a policy with them, and Jehovah will only toast half of your ass.

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder if any non-jw has ever filed a discrimation suit with the EEO? I'm sure they are good at hiding what they are.

(Psalm 26:4-5) 4 I have not sat with men of untruth; And with those who hide what they are I do not come in. 5 I have hated the congregation of evildoers, And with the wicked ones I do not sit.

• Gopher
    Gopher

http://www.manta.com/comsite5/bin/pddnb_company.pl?pdlanding=1&referid=3550&id=j5t5wq

United Insurance Group Agency Inc

1150 Corp Office Dr # 220, Milford, MI 48381-3198, United States (Map) (Add Company Info)

Phone: (248) 676-0881

SIC: Insurance Agents, Brokers, and Service

Line of Business: Insurance Agents

Detailed United Insurance Group Agency Inc Company Profile

This company profile is for the private company United Insurance Group Agency Inc, headquarters located in Milford, MI. United Insurance Group Agency Inc's line of business is insurance agents.

Company Profile: United Insurance Group Agency Inc

Year Started: 1980

State of Incorporation: MI

URL: N/A

Location Type: Headquarters

Parent Company : Penn Treaty American Corp

Stock Symbol: N/A

Stock Exchange: N/A

Also Does Business As: N/A

NAICS: N/A

SIC #Code: 6411

Est. Annual Sales: $5,200,000

Est. Employees: 65

Est. Employees at Location: 45

Contact Name: Patrick Paterson

Contact Title: President

Company Financials: 2 Reports Available

Additional Company Profiles: 5 Profiles Found

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I don't know about managerial positions, but I know several people who are non-witnesses who are or have been salespersons for the group.

• rebel8
    rebel8

http://www.eeoc.gov/types/religion.html

Religious Discrimination

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of l964 prohibits employers from discriminating against individuals because of their religion in hiring, firing, and other terms and conditions of employment. Title VII covers employers with 15 or more employees, including state and local governments. It also applies to employment agencies and to labor organizations, as well as to the federal government.

Under Title VII:

* Employers may not treat employees or applicants more or less favorably because of their religious beliefs or practices - except to the extent a religious accommodation is warranted. For example, an employer may not refuse to hire individuals of a certain religion, may not impose stricter promotion requirements for persons of a certain religion, and may not impose more or different work requirements on an employee because of that employee's religious beliefs or practices.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

yep

My elder brother in law and his daughter work for them as do a few others that I know.

I didn't recognize those names but I recognized Patterson's name. Isn't he a former JW?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Their websites:

http://www.uiginc.com/

http://www.uigcareer.com/

http://www.uigbrokerage.com/Articles/About_Us/BrokerageTeam.php

Edited to add: I've seen few corporate sites that say so little about their operations, their leadership, their history, their corporate vision. Kind of reminds me of....

Besides the CEO, Patrick Patterson, I was only able to find names for the brokerage section of the insurance group.

Jason McClellan, CSA

Doug Bunker, CSA

Peggy Campbell

Kristie Main

Alma Sobczak

Melissa Hinton

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Jason McClellan, yeah seems like I know the McClellan family.

They're all located in the Milford, Brighton, South Lyon etc areas of MI.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder what they are going to do if they ever have a disaster that results in many claims. Or, when (if) the Great Tribulation ever happens. I bet they are not going to know how to handle all the paperwork. Unless they went to college during the window where it was allowed, they are going to have a nightmare trying to figure out how to run these things.

I think I will stick with a regular insurance company. That way, they can't try to use "theocraptic warfare" if something happens and they find some specious logic to tie the claim to a punishment from Jehovah. "Too bad, your claim has been denied because Jehovah punished you for not putting in more hours in the field misery, and that cost us money. Had you put in the extra time, Jehovah would (may) have spared you the disaster."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit