Is this letter rude? My wife thought so....

by CaptainSchmideo 33 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

If it weren't funny it would be just plain rude. But your humor put it all in perspective. I don't think it will hurt anyone (if that were the case I'd say don't send it) as I'm sure they've seen a lot worse and are conditioned not to take is personally. I think the only satisfaction you will get will be the act of sending it, but if it makes you happy, go ahead.

changeling

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Sally! Haven't heard from you in a while. How are you doing these days?

• Alana
    Alana

IMHO, I think it could be seen at first as a bit rude, but it reflect your frustration at the situation....which I understand totally.

I have worked in the healthcare administration industry for over 20 years, I can assure you that I've seen such frustration many times over the years. But, it's not 100% the doctor's fault. Exwitless is correct in what she stated and most people do not realize how much the government and regulations are involved in what you are billed from the doctor. Also, the doctor doesn't choose to call that procedure a "surgery". All medical services must follow specific coding guidelines and the billing code for that service falls into the code range for "surgery". Many times there are things involved in tests or procedures, which may look quite simple, which the patient may not realize that comes into play. The fees are to include various factors such as equipment, overhead, and many other factors. Sometimes what may look simple to the patient may actually involve more complex factors behind the scenes, so to speak. There are many factors which affect the fees which providers may bill and governmental regulations which control how doctors can no longer just accept as payment what the insurance alone pays without billing the patient for any co-payments, coinsurance, or deductibles.

I'm sorry for your frustration and understand it 100% and I think that the doctor's office should take your concerns the correct way and not be offended, but they may not have much control as to what they can do to change the situation. And, give the coding and fee regulations, you will probably find the same or similar situation with any other provider you see for that service.

I hope it all works out for you and especially works out with your health, not just your bill. :-)

• frozen one
    frozen one

I've gotten burned a couple of times by my medical provider. Not on procedures though. The worst case was when a physical therapist "through in" a pair of gel insoles. My insurance wouldn't pay for them so I got the bill. The cost was $50 or $75. I could have gotten the same thing at Walgreens for $10.

Another cause of irritation concerns my prescriptions. I'll call in the order to my pharmacy and invariably the pharmacy calls back to say the prescription needs Dr. authorization. Then I wait a few days and call the pharmacy to see what the delay is and the pharmacy says the authorization hasn't been given so I then call the Dr's office to see what the delay is and usually a couple of days later the authorization comes through. Last week it happened again. When I called the Dr's office I told them that if they could not provide me better service I would have to fire them and take by business elsewhere. A half hour later the pharmacy called to say my scripts were ready for pickup. And its not like my drugs are OxyContin or morphine. Just thyroid and diabetes drugs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit