Is this letter rude? My wife thought so....

by CaptainSchmideo 33 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Please find enclosed my check for $109.50. While I am paying this bill, I believe that this charge is incredibly excessive. $93.50 of this bill is for a “Uroflowmetry, Complex” test. This basically involved me urinating for a total of 5 seconds into a funnel. I calculate this to be $18.70 per second of tinkle.

What really bothers me is that this procedure is coded as “surgery”, when it was nothing of the kind. And so it was applied to my yearly deductible that I have to pay for “surgery”, making the whole reason why I pay for insurance a moot point.

And, yes, I have already had the discussion with both your office and Blue Cross about why this test is coded as surgery. I still think it’s a bunch of bunk.

This is making me consider “shopping around” for another urologist. I don’t think I can afford such a fancy clinic. I know you all probably have to pay a premium price for your fancy location at xxxxxxxx, so this means charging patients out the wazoo (no pun intended) for services. Even though you all seem to shuttle about 50 of us per hour through the waiting room, I’m sure it’s still tough to break even.

Anyhow, I hope this money will be applied to the cost of a new funnel. Your old one is getting kind of yellow.

I sent this to my doctor's office today....

• Mum
    Mum

Well, I don't think I would want to pi** off my doctor. Remember the term "necessary evil." If you have your file transferred to another doc, they'll have that letter in said file.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

LMAO, I'm stuck at work for another hour and your peeing in a funnel just made my night. Of course to me that seems friendly, lol. But that's just me.

• fedorE
    fedorE

holy crap in canada we can urinate for free

• return visitor
    return visitor

Bravo,

I do believe it is a little rude, but nothing those bastards don't deserve, I have often wanted to send just such a letter but laziness has prevented me.

RV

• John Doe
    John Doe

Sounds fine to me.

• return visitor
    return visitor
    holy crap in canada we can urinate for free

yeah, but we don't have universal health care.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Is the problem more with the insurance company than with your doctor? Don't they decide what the doctor should be paid and how much is chargeable to the patient?

$93.50 sounds pricey, unless there was an electronic device used (rather than a stopwatch).

I hate how they're making us pay cash for what was formerly insured, using accounting machinations. In America, medical care is getting to be more for the wealthy and it's screwy (see the movie "Sicko").

• JeffT
    JeffT

How would you react if your urologist bitched about the cost of whatever it is you do for a living? I hope you don't pass a kidney stone anytime soon.

• John Doe
    John Doe

You have to realize, the urologist doesn't give a shat what you think. He'll see "I'm paying this bill," and haze over the rest. ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit