So...ya wanna see my ugly mug?

by Little Drummer Boy 49 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
  • BFD
    BFD

I know I said I'd never do it but I feel brave today...

I wonder if any JWDers will recognize me.

BFD

• exwitless
    exwitless

Aw, I like the first picture with your little dog. How cute.

• BFD
    BFD

She is my Mimi...

BFD

• Little Drummer Boy
  • exwitless
    exwitless

What kind of dog is she?

Sorry, I don't mean to focus only on the dog pics. Yours is nice too. But kinda far away. Do you have a closer up one? Or maybe you don't want to show a closer one of you. That's cool too.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Attention all JW Lurkers:

Please look carefully at the photos of LDB and his wife. Do you notice the "demon influence"? The foam coming out the corners of their mouths? The look of despair and hopelessness?

Hmmm. (Maybe not such a good line of Borg reasoning. )

OK, how 'bout this from LDB's own fingertips?:

"This new job is the culmination of several years of hard work to get through college..."

AHA! See there! Proof positive that college is from the DEBIL.

On second thought, maybe LDB is actually feeling a positive sense of self-worth for having set a non-JW approved goal and seeing it through.

LDB: Any comments on my tongue-in-cheek pro-JW ravings?

*removing tongue from cheek now*

WAY TO GO LDB and EXWITLESS!!!

Living well and happily is the best message you can send to those still in the Borg.

Welcome to the REAL WORLD.

Open Mind

ps to BFD: Just saw your photos. Nice pix. Hope I'm able to do the same someday.

• BFD
    BFD

We didn't get to celebrate birthdays when we were kids so now we kinda go overboard! lol

BFD

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

It's true that college is bad from a "stay in da troof" kind of perspective. In fact, the last piece of literature I ever placed was a reasoning book which I gave to a fellow classmate in my very first semester at college. I wasn't active in the org at the time, but I still felt it was the "truth". Things began to get fuzzy along the "belief" lines in short order though. College helped me to understand better that I didn't really understand even a tiny, tiny fraction of the things I thought that I did. Things the org had convinced me I understood and could feel superior about. The sheer depth of my lack of understanding on any number of subjects continues to be brought home to me. The more that I have learned, the more I realize that I don't know. It has been a humbling experience. Every jw needs to be knocked down a few pegs like that I think.

I was exposed to, and more importantly, was forced to interact continually with people of vastly different beliefs and takes on the world. This wasn't just a "we see all kinds of people in service" sort of thing. No, it was spending sometimes up to 8 or 10 hours a day with the same classmates working on projects - and there was no getting around it - I had to make the situation work, so I had to interact with them. That's a good thing. From evangelical christians to atheists to pagans and even a buddhist or two along the way (one of which has become a pretty good friend of mine). Everything from the far left to far right politically. ->->->->->

I interacted with and then became friends with the first person that was ever openly gay around me. Now, that was a shocker to my little world. I had been around people who I thought might be gay, but to actually stand face to face with a person and have them tell you straight out that they are gay - that is....an interesting situation to be in when you've never had that happen before. I believe that I treated him splendidly and I'm glad I could shake off my lingering dubishness enough to handle that properly. We had many conversations on campus that lasted for hours. Surprise, surprise, I didn't become gay (unlike what the wt would have you believe) and he had someone he knew he could count on to listen to his own troubles, dreams, and day to day things we all want to talk about.

I kind of lost my train of thought in typing all of this, but the point is, I was never this happy when I was in the borg. I was never this content or hopeful. And I take responsibility for my own life without waiting on jehoover to make the world right.

So ya, college is a good thing.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I left my last job because I did not enjoy the company culture (and wasn't getting paid enough). Since I have left the WTS I am more conscious that i need to enjoy each day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit