I'm not well either

by KW13 25 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

When you've tried living life with a handicap you never realised was there for a long time, and when you did you denied it the chance to get the better of you - you tend to get down and depressed. It took a thread from our brave crumpet and help from some special friends here to make me go to the doctor and get some help.

You see, my symptoms were similar to Crumpets if not nearly exactly the same. I too suffer from bipolar disorder, the doctor agrees and i agree. Its gone on too long and i need to get some Professional help and guidance, otherwise i will just burn out and end up as nothing.

The Strangest part was, i prayed before hand. Many of you wont agree with that i am sure, but i know your kind enough to respect that choice which in my view paid off.

My G.P Prayed with me, i didnt suggest it and i didnt give her any hint that i was an active Christian, all i had said was that i was an ex-jw and that i'd have suffered some forms of abuse. Honestly, to me she was an answer to prayer and i have no doubt about that.

But anyway, yes i am not well but i believe that i've done the right thing by confronting it and thank God that i realised something wasn't right.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Sorry to hear you've had such a hard time. But I'm so glad that this forum has helped yet another person cope with a serious problem.

Once you diagnose the problem, half the battle is won. I wish you the best as you get therapy you need to become well.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good for you, I'm glad your getting some help.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Glad to hear you have decided to get the help that you need. With the right meds, and counseling you can live a full and productive life. Bipolar disorder is a chemical imbalance in your brain. You just need to find the right chemical..and then you are good to go. Good luck we are here for you.

Leslie

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

You have a wonderful life ahead of you, KW13.

Keep taking care of yourself, so you can be there for those that need you and love you.

You are an inspiration.

• KW13
    KW13

I'm glad i am getting help also, seriously the hugest weight off my shoulders.

Thank you all for being a big support.

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

I was on crumpy's thread too and I'm really happy for you (not 'cause of the bi-polar...but 'cause you're getting the help you need ).

If I can ever help you or anything or maybe you just need somebody to talk to, please drop me a pm.

• KW13
    KW13

Thanks man, i will remember that.

• Mum
    Mum

Courage, my friend! You've got it!

Best wishes,

SandraC

• BFD
    BFD

kw13,

Our crumpet helps us in so many ways. She is a special lady in my heart. I am glad that you recognize you need help and are getting it.

Good Luck!

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit