stillajwexelder

WT changes

1) Saves money - less literature "wasted"

2) Specialness feeling created

3) Extremely pointed counsel to JWs without Public thinking we are a cult

4) Reduced PT allows more control over the elders

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Outlaw you hit the nail on the head. I've attended meetings for 15 years (on and off) over the years, and never did I see anyone just walk in off the street. Newcomers were accompanied by someone in the congregation, usually a Bible study or interested person. I think part of it is to make the dubs think they're receiving yet more esoteric knowledge, when there hasn't been any "new light" (that's accurate) since Russell was taken out on Halloween in 1916. Another factor is saving money, for sure, and finally, this is preparation for the future when the Watchtower's apostasy will become so blatant that they won't want the public to see it. The way I see it, one of these days those Kabbala Freemasons at Bethel will tell the remaining holdouts that the New Order is really the New World Order and they should worship it, or ELSE.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome Serge

Those are indeed "huge" changes for the WTBS.

Keeping the WT study articles out of the public eye indicates more "cult" control issues. Why does the WTBS need to hide from the public?

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux
    Would be interesting for an explanation from a JW as to why the public talk now will only be a 1/2 hr.

The brothers have been struggling to stretch two minutes' worth of information into three quarters of an hour, so they are hoping this will make it a little easier on them.

• TopHat
    TopHat

The WTS is becoming a "HIGH CONTROL GROUP" By that I mean worse than they ever were before.

http://groups.myspace.com/yjw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit