new evolutionary find

by BlackSwan of Memphis 15 Replies latest social current

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I'm surprised no one has brought this up:

• Open mind
    Open mind
    she expects anti-evolution proponents to seize on the new research, but said it would be a mistake to try to use the new work to show flaws in evolution theory.

"This is not questioning the idea at all of evolution; it is refining some of the specific points," Anton said. "This is a great example of what science does and religion doesn't do. It's a continous self-testing process."

This was my favorite part. Thanks for sharing this BSOM.

Open Mind

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

open mind, you are most welcome. I was surprised this wasn't discovered by someone else.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Evolution is for God-haters!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    Evolution is for God-haters!

OR it's for ........ God neutralists who have no problem with cute little monkeys

• Satanus
    Satanus

This doesn't surprise me. I think that the theory of evolution will continue to change. Knowledge about it is far from complete. Considering that it is such a new theory, that is to be expected.

S

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Exactly, Satan!

Evolution is not a doctrine around which reality is constructed, it is an explanation of reality.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

the more they find out, the more interesting it all becomes. I enjoy these things. Somehow evolution makes a lot of sense.

• patio34
    patio34

This is confusing to me. I just watched "Walking with Cavemen" by the BBC and it had homo habilis living right alongside of homo erectus (?). So I thought that was the case anyway. Fascinating. This series of documentaries, available on Netflix, also shows the Neandrathals living at the same time as Cro Magnon (us). Pat of the reality-based community

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I will wait until I have seen more articles in Nature and Discover and New Scientist before I comment further

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit