Adam & Eve question...

by tan 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• eclipse
    eclipse

LOL coaster.

I would venture to guess that they would have to eat from it on a regular basis in order to remain alive indefinitely...

the mythical fountain of youth

Bible fables are interesting.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

tan

Where does the bible say that Adam and Eve were perfect?

• Awakened07
    Awakened07
    Where does the bible say that Adam and Eve were perfect?

I personally don't subscribe to any of this, but the JWs view (and many other biblical religions) is that God must be perfect and almighty and all that (Deu 32: 3,4), so it would be weird of Him to create imperfect human beings when He stated they'd be created in His image, and "saw that it was very good". Where JWs split from others I think is when they infer that since the reinstated future paradise is to be a place where sickness and death and sorrow etc. is no more, then the first paradise was probably that way too. Of course, other Christians believe this place to be in heaven, so this "theory" makes the most sense to JWs.

But the reason I made this reply really, was to say something about free will. They had free will, Adam and Eve. That's why the world looks like it does today, too; the gift of free will.

Well - did they really? Did they have free will? Free!?

- Let's say I put a gun to your head and said: "There are two plates of food on the table in front of you. You can eat from one, but if you eat from the other, I'll pull the trigger. You are free to choose, though. You can exercise your free will. You're free. Come on! Make a choice using your free will."

Jehovah said (in so many words) "Obey me, or you will die. You're free to choose between these two options. I give you this freedom. Free will. You're welcome".

There's really not a choice here, and when you don't have a real choice - could you say you have free will?

I'm asking, not preaching.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

We had an earlier thread on this topic a few weeks ago:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/137983/1.ashx

• RAF
    RAF

Coaster !!!

Awakened07 : free will? Free!?

Well when do people take responsability if it's all free?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

awakened07

Have you ever read Luther's "Bondage of the Will"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit