5go

I have Topic block.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The meaning of life?

• 5go
    5go

How about hypocracy.

A notable exception to the association of Lycanthropy and the Devil, comes from a rare and lesser known account of a man named Thiess. In 1692, in Jurgenburg, Livonia, Thiess testified under oath that he, and other Werewolves were the Hounds of God. [14] Warriors, who went down into hell, to do battle with witches and demons. Their efforts ensured that the Devil and his minions did not carry off the abundance of the earth down to hell. Thiess was steadfast in his assertions, claiming that Werewolves in Germany and Russia also did battle with the devil's minions in their own versions of hell, and insisted that when werewolves died, their souls were welcomed into heaven as reward for their service. Thiess was ultimately sentenced to ten lashes for Idolacy and superstitious belief.

• 5go
    5go
    The meaning of life?

How about the meaning of zombie jesus.

• daystar
    daystar

THE STOLEN CHILD

Where dips the rocky highland
    Of Sleuth Wood in the Lake,
    There lies a leafy island
    Where flapping herons wake
    The drowsy water-rats
    There we've hid our faery vats,
    Full of berries
    And of reddest stolen cherries.
    Come away, O human child!
    To the waters and the wild
    With a faery, hand in hand,
    For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand

Where the wave of moonlight glosses
    The dim grey sands with light
    Far off by furthest rosses
    We foot it all the night,
    Weaving olden dances,
    Mingling hands and mingling glances
    Till the moon has taken flight,
    To and fro we leap
    And chase the frothy bubbles,
    While the world is full of troubles
    And is anxious in its sleep

Where the wandering water gushes
    From the hills above Glen-Car,
    In pools among the rushes
    That scarce could bathe a star,
    We seek for slumbering trout
    And whispering in their ears
    Give them unquiet dreams,
    Leaning softly out
    From ferns that drop their tears
    Over the young streams

Away with us he's going,
    The solemn-eyed
    He'll hear no more the lowing
    Of the calves on the warm hillside
    Or the kettle on the hob
    Sing peace into his breast
    Or see the brown mice bob
    Round and round the oatmeal chest
    For he comes, the human child
    From a world more full of weeping than he can understand

--W.B. Yeats, 1889

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I think it should be about how much we love 5ago.

What does "topic blocked " mean?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks for the Yeats, daystar.

And yes, we do love 5go, A&W.

• 5go
    5go

What does "topic blocked " mean?

It's a kind of writers block.

• daystar
    daystar

How about this? I honestly can't remember writing this. It sounds like me, but I must have been having a very good day. (I actually suspect I grabbed it from somewhere.)

Nihilism

1.) Epistemological Nihilism: there is no knowledge. Ironically, this is the branch of nihilism which contains the fewest members, although it is also the branch most observers first think of and use to lable all nihilists.

2.) Cosmic Nihilism: there is some knowledge, but it is unimportant. The Earth is just a grain of sand in the oceanic universe. It is of no consequence, and even more so with the life forms which inhabit said sand grain.

3.) Existential Nihilism: there is some knowledge, but it is meaningless. Even if nothing existed outside of our planet, all knowledge would still be completely meaningless. More over, everything is meaningless: beliefs, relationships, pleasure, etc...

4.) Moral Nihilism: there is no right or wrong. Humans are just another species of animals. Animals have no morals, so humans have no morals. We may invent our own moral systems, but there is nothing intrinsic in man that is moral. Man is a part of a nature which is completely value-indifferent. All's fair in love, war, and... everything.

5.) Political Nihilism: there is no "good" political system. Man is brought into this world free of political systems, and that is how it should stay. Political systems are "unnatural."

Those are the nihilistic beliefs. There are two types of behavioral responses to those beliefs.

a.) Passive Nihilism: because of ones nihilistic beliefs, the only rational thing for one to do is nothing. Basically, live completely lonely, apathetically, and depressed, and eventually commit suicide.

or

b.) Active Nihilism, believe in nothing, act accordingly and show it. Give no thought to authority and convention when acting, follow whatever random whims. Act like as if contradicting yourself, because when you believe in nothing there is no contradiction (i.e., believing that no action is better than another but still choosing certain actions over others).

Given that, I think a better question than, "Is nihilism stupid?" would be ,"is nihilism rational?" This question should be answerable to all except the epistemological nihilist. But I guess what I'm really getting at is the relationship between belief and action; namely, the relationship between any particular nihilistic belief and the resulting active or passive nihilism.

• Terry
    Terry

If the Topic is empty of content it will be about 27 pages!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit