Wheres dem bones?

by Tyrone van leyen 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I don't know if this is true or not, but what I recall from our yearly meccas to Bethel to visit family friends, we were told that the graves were intentionally not marked because they did not want anyone to use them as a shrine to the deceased. And then (again if I remember correctly) the example was given of Moses, Noah, I cannot exactly remember but it was a "prophet of old" and how they were buried in a quiet place so people could not use the site as a place of worship or them/their tombstone as an object of worship.

This may be total folklore in the JW faith, so I cannot confirm or deny the truth of what I was told.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Hey - this reminds me: You know the C. T. Russel pyramid gravestone? I was watching a video on YouTube made by an exJW, and when that video ended, I saw a 'follow up' that was posted by an active Witness. In that apologetic video, this Witness showed another gravestone, claiming that the pyramid gravestone was false, or at least that Russel's "real"(?) gravestone was rather normal looking.

So which one's right? I'll see if I can find that video again, so you can see it.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Yes , a very good point lookinglass. these are the excuses they use, but anyone thats a witness beleives that these bodies that lie here are just empty receptacles and the spirits of these men of the ruling class are destined for heavanly rule. If any witness really beleived that, this would not even be an issue. Rutherford was a hated man. I don't think Russsel was. I think Russel was sincerly misguided. Rutherford put the FU in fun, and so did his predecessors. Someone must make it a mission to get photo of that a holes gravesite. Hated men such as Hitler, will always remain something of a mystery. Even Saddam Hussein hasn't had his site visited by any western media since his death.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Ya, cool awakened!

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Lol! -Know what I just found out?

Here's that Witness' YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avc_96UF9yY At 1:19 he/she says "This is the REAL grave of Pastor Russel", showing a normal looking headstone.

Turns out though, that there are two monuments to Russel close to each other. One is the normal looking headstone, and one (the pyramid) is the monument that the Watchtower Society put up in his memory.

Here are links them both (I'm sorry that this may be a little off topic, but I'm sure it can be interesting to some):

http://jehovahswitnesstruth.com/mm/THE%20GREAT%20PYRAMID_files/image005.jpg <----- headstone.

http://jehovahswitnesstruth.com/mm/THE%20GREAT%20PYRAMID_files/image006.jpg <----- pyramid monument (you can actually see his headstone in the background in this picture, so they're pretty close to each other).

-So the YouTube JW either lied, or doesn't know this. However - even the WBTS don't deny that Russel was into pyramidology.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

07 - they cannot claim ignorance as to Russell's belief's considering there is the plan of ages, they want to forget that whole book and its pull outs but it exists and many old time JWs have it ... at least my family did.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

The irony here is that C.T. Russells teachings and memories are something the society wishes forgotten since the time of Rutherford and yet his remains are open to public scrutiny and observation. I suspect the remains in Wallkill arn't open to anyone except the priveledged few. Why is this such a mystery? Is it a matter of desecration? The society must know how much damage it has caused since the time of Russels burial ,and fear Rutherfords and Freddies graves would be used as urinals for the public at large ,who remained victims after their burials. It would be a coup detant if anyone could get pics of this. The Society must consider Russel either not worthy of their afterworld protection, or they consider him a safe zone or curiosity, not worthy of vengeance and desecration. These cultlike mainacs certainly protect their own, but after Rutherford usurped authority of the org. through legal loopholes and trickery he became more a footnote and curiosity to anyone afterwards and is still banished from kingdom protection due to his his more balanced and less cultlike obssessions. I think Rutherford didn't want him in his egotistical kingdom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit