Affidavit for a court custody battle with a JW mom/Non JW dad

by Billzfan23 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Search this site for Carolyn Wah

I hope you find something useful

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

I would recommend steering clear of making a battle for custody based on the religion. Judges will run and instruct attorneys to figure things out in mediation.

That being said, you can build a strong case for legal custody based on medical decisions in view of the blood transfusion issue. But it is a murky platform that even hardcore JWs are not clear on. Even with legal custody in the best interests of the child, courts will always strive to provide joint physical custody. So what then?

The strongest platform that you can argue under is parental alienation. While PA is not a recognized psychological condition it has carried much weight in the court systems the past decade. If you are not an attorney prepared to fight against the label, it can succesfully be used in mediation and pre trial hearings to sway parents into custody agreements. Should it make it before the judge, well it is up to his mood on any given day. The gist in your favor if you can expound upon it in depth through motions is, JW parents are adept at alienating children from non JW parents because their religion is purely based on alienation. If you can prove in court the affects that alienating language is being used to steer the children away from you, you will have a strong case. Keep records, journals, recordings, video. It will all be useful in mediation and pre trial. Country and state and age of child also have a bering on strategy.

I have full custody of my daughter based on the issues above and I am in California. Feel free to PM me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit