New picture on this weeks Bookstudy

by Connaughty 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Connaughty
    Connaughty

I'm curious as to why the picture in the new Revelation book, on this weeks schedule, seems to be different than the original version. Does anyone know why? It shows completely two different individuals, but the same background.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

First of all -Welcome to the board.

Yes the "male brother" looks almost unshaven in the new book and in the original was almost too good to be true.

The female looks a little less obviously oriental.

The subliminal images are also not as obvious - they have been toned down

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Connaughty,

WELCOME to the forum, we are glad to have you here!!! Don't have a copy of the new Revelation book, but my suspicions have it that there are more then just pictures that have changed.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• blondie
    blondie

Can you provide a scan of both pictures,or someone else?

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Sorry for the poor quality of these scans... I am not at "Apostate HQ" at the moment...

Rumour

on other JW boards says that the chap in the 1988 version may have been disfellowshipped.

EDITED TO SAY... there was a name given (and by me on this post) but I removed it... If any MODS can PM me to let me know whether including it is okay that would be great... I don't want to spread unsubstiantied rumours.

http://i16.tinypic.com/5y0o20y.jpg

http://i9.tinypic.com/68kvi8p.jpg

altalt

1988 2007

• Justahuman24
    Justahuman24

stillajwexelder,

what are you talking about? The female look asian in both pics. No less or more.

Justahuman - but super nonetheless

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, you see, this is a foretaste of what things will be like in the new system.

You can live a good life, become approved by the governing body, then wake up one morning in the spiritual Gulag and find that your wife is back home holding hands with a body that has had the head replaced with one that is more appealing to focus groups.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

That first picture needed changing anyway the new one is much better.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Either they were...

1) DF or DA

2) OR they now entertain the heavenly hope (since the picture is of the great crowd)

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• Mum
    Mum

In the first picture (left side), they appear to be wearing masks or have had a few layers of fat added to their faces. Their hairdos are higher, too. In the second picture (right side), they look more natural and have more relaxed hairdos. As to why this happened, someone who knows more about JW art rules would have to offer a theory or explanation.

Regards,

SandraC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit