Are Your Morals The Same As When You Were A Witness?

by minimus 84 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I guess that I can say, from a biblical viewpoint, anyone that practices "fornication", having sex without being married, would be "immoral". Other than, I don't lie or cheat or steal or even kill anyone else!

Do you view yourself a "moral" or "immoral" person and why??

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Now I think about morals.

When I was a JW, I followed rules.

• prophecor
    prophecor

When I was a JW, I followed rules

Good Answer

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

As a JW I used profanities, depending on who was around me. I sometimes drank too much, and sometimes smoked. I'm not much different than that now, except that I quit smoking and I drink much less. I'm not married now, but I don't date either - not because I'm disinterested in women but because I'm not interested in complicating my life with a relationship.

W

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

hmmm ... I have to say I don't like the word 'moral' because I do not like the word 'immoral'.

That's just probably an 'X-JW' bias I have not let go of. I really don't classify myself as either.

Yeah ... WEIRD ... I know. tehehee

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Amen! I actually THINK about why I do or do not so a thing now, as opposed to just following a rule because I may be destroyed or have all the flesh melt off of my body or my tongue rot out

• BrentR
    BrentR

What are morals?

• Sassy
    Sassy

not to copy prophecor but I thought the same thing.. your comment says it all

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

my morals are better than when I was JW because now it is less about judging and controlling others and more about judging and controlling my own behavior. I watch other people less and myself more. I am less critical of how other people live and more critical of myself - wanting to be a better person.

• minimus
    minimus

You "think" about morals and then what??

When I hear of someone I know who's 20 years old and she regularly dates and sleeps with many different men that she might be attracted to, I tend to think she could be considered "promiscuous". When I think along those lines, I'm thinking of morality, too, I guess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit