Another Failed Watchtower Prediction

by cyrano 10 Replies latest jw friends

• cyrano
    cyrano

The Watchtower 1989 January 1 p. 12
    The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be concluded in our 20th century.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Cyrano,

Say it ain't so, a WTBTS prediction being wrong? It's the end of the world as we know it!

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• LDH
    LDH

Now, if someone would post the 'altered' version that appears on the CD Rom, we might be onto something!

Lisa

• TR
    TR

Yep. This article is the reason why my JW brother is no longer speaking with me. The WTS changed it to "our day" on the cd that he looked it up on. Then I sent him a copy of the original.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• cyrano
    cyrano

and yet another..

Jehovah’s prophetic word through Christ Jesus is: “This generation [of 1914] will by no means pass away until all things occur.” (Luke 21:32) And Jehovah, who is the source of inspired and unfailing prophecy, will bring about the fulfillment...
    The Watchtower 1984 May 15 pp. 6-7

• blondie
    blondie

I do remember an announcement being made at the congregations that this change was being made...and a comment here by someone in the know about the staff at Brooklyn that it was a mistake by the brother writing the article and the proofreading mechanism at Bethel missed it. (20th century changed to our day)

Was that here I heard this or H20?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I read in one of the October or November magazines that the big A is "just around the corner".

I'd say the Writing Dept is the ones being backed into a corner!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Watchtower revisionism and denials? I'm shocked - NOT!

"And the beat goes on,
    the beat goes on..."

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Is it switched on the earliest cd rom too? Thanks!

"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein

• Stealth
    Stealth

That is why I don't turn in field service reports any more. They promised that this work would all be over by now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit