Is it me ....

by RR 7 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Is it me or do some of you get the "willies" when you hear the term "Governing Body" and it is not attributed to the Watchtower Society. I hear and read that term all the time, in regards to businesses.

RR

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

that and society, convention, witness, and a few other words I can't think of right now and when someone other than a jw says jehovah (one of my pastors said it at church and made my skin crawl)

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I can't stand any JW lingo - "da troof" and "worldly" are the worst for me. Makes me wanna

nj

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

I freaked out a little internally when I went to church and they sang a song called 'Days of Elijah' a snippet from the song follows:

Behold He comes! Riding on the clouds! Shining like the sun, at the trumpets call!

Lift your voice! It's the year of jubilee! And out of Zion's hill salvation comes!

There's no God like Jehovah! There's no God like Jehovah! There's no God like Jehovah! There's no God like Jehovah!

(repeat x3)

It's a catchy little tune (it caught in my throat)

• RR
    RR

Ah, those little JW phrases, reminds me of the old Abbot and Costello episode, when Costello says "nantucket!" and the guy turns around, "slowy I turn, step by step ...." and starts beating up on Costello ... I must be aging myself here!

• JK666
    JK666

JW nomenclature makes me green in the gills also! JK (Clearly . . .)

• changeling
    changeling

Anything related to this or any other religion gives me the creeps lately.

changeling

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm a brand new pagan and the name Jesus makes me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit