Wife has disassociated, even being shunned by non-jw dad.

by Ironhead 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

Great piece of advise nj. Thanks.

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

Ironhead,

Our hugs and thoughts are you and Mrs. Ironhead! I can summon up many, many weepy mother/angered father conversations over the years. Those hurt bad because when you get right down to it, who wants to hear their mother cry? You sound like a strong partner for your wife, keep doing what you're doing. The angry father-in-law seems to be made in the pattern of thousands (if not millions) of cold even abusive men that send many women into the waiting tentacles of the wtbs. Knocking him upside his head won't help anything (but it sure is fun to think about, no?)

You guys stay strong!

Eagles

• freeme
    freeme

when my time comes and i have to face my family who asks me "WHHHYYY???!! WHHYYY have you upset us?!" (alone this question is so laughable but thats just how JWs see that matter) ill wont say a thing against the organization. if you do every jw takes it personal and their rest of rational thinking is dropped and they will get furious hate-spitting beasts. i see that on my wife and i know how i had reacted some years ago. its completely normal in that state of involvement in such a destructive cult. i hope i only tell'em that i found out that its not the truth and that i finally couldnt live a lie. no further explanation. when they ask i tell'em "if you're interested find out yourself. i wont fight with you about it.".

i hope i have this self-control when my own mother might tell me that she dont wanna see me again. the love!!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Sounds to me like the relationship was on the rocks long before her decision to leave the JWs set in. From what is written it appears that her mother and father really don't want to talk with her regarless of the JW stuff and that this is a great opportunity to cut her loose.

Hypothetically speaking, even if you wife was just a total b**ch and it was all her fault you think that these 'Christian' people would realize that they should respond with care and love, not downright arrogant anger.

JWs have no clue on how to live and interact with others with compassion.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

You tell your wife that Im very proud of her, she told her mom and dad just like it is, she didnt candy coat it one bit. Im so sorry that she is now being shunned, but a big thumbs up to her for telling the truth about "The Truth"

• Mum
    Mum

Freeme makes a good point. Instead of talking about the organization and what is wrong, it might be better to talk about what is right with your decision. She (and you) will be able to look at differing points of view, really and truly examine for yourself what other religions teach if you want to do that, decide for yourself what is right and wrong based on common sense and real ethics. In other words, you are conferring upon yourself the status of adults who make their own decisions and accept the consequences, do not blame demons for what is wrong in their life, and reach for real growth and achievement of your own potential as a human being.

People like her stepfather really make me sick. He is a big hanger-on of the old double standard. I would ask him why he doesn't choose the JW life if it is so darn wonderful. I have family members who do the same thing -- all talk, no commitment.

Best wishes to both of you in your new life of freedom,

SandraC

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Sounds to me like you have a very wonderful, stand-up wife there! I think she needs to be treated to something special.

W

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Ironhead, your wife's got balls! Strange that the illiterate dad doesn't like to be told what to do, yet he's walking right into a controlling group. I pity him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit