may need some help soon

by Missanna 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• free2think
    free2think

Hey anna, i just wanted to say way to go, that letter was perfect.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Excellent reply. I can't wait to see what her reply is to your letter. Good luck.

lisa

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

You are a sassy, quick, witty woman! that response was perfect!

Seems to me you won't really need our help in the future, but let us know how it all goes. ;)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, great reply, and wonderful suggestions by Blondie to make it personal. Anything to bring your sister's natural personality to the fore, or to help her empathize. Phrases like "You know you always used to ...." "I like it when you....", "Put yourself in my shoes, if you...."

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Good response missanna,

I think you did a great job in putting the "burden of proof" on her. She'll probably come back with, "because the FDS tells us", "we are the only one's doing the preaching work" or some BS like that. I'm sure she repeat the old company line verbatim!

Looking forward to her response.

nj

• freeme
    freeme

in my believe your sisters letter was a try to catch you somehow. "prove that the society isnt gods organization, but you are not allowed to use anything". your reply was the best possible i think. she cant prove it is gods organization without the organizations literature too.

in both cases its like proving "grass is green" without the chance to examine some grass :D

• Missanna
    Missanna

yeah i'm really eager to find out what she has to say. My sister and I never got along when we lived with my parents. we even got into physical fights sometimes but now it's different. Maybe this is a sign that she is curious. i don't want to get my hopes up though. All of your suggestions are great! I'm trying to think of the things that she had problems with before. she always wanted to be a pioneer... get married to a ministerial servant, so on and so on... which she did and is doing. If i know her she'll come back with the whole "we are fullfilling the prophecy in mathew where it says they are preaching throughout the entire earth" who knows... we'll see.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

That was a truly excellent reply.

I'd stick to your guns about conducting the discussion in person. I'd put nothing in writing.

I'd also only discuss it one-to-one.

Hope she's sincere.

Hope it works out well.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Really well done, Missanna.

Show her the sincerity of your legitimate concerns.

WT teachings fall apart rather easily when the authority of the organization is stripped away.

Good luck!

• Mulan
    Mulan

that is such an excellent way to handle these situations................by asking them questions.

"why do you say that?"

"where does it say that in the Bible?"

"is that what you really believe, or are you just repeating something you heard at the meeting?"

You did good!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit