How much BS can you feed one person?

by collegegirl21 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I don't know if I agree with fedor 100%, a normal mother yes, a JW mother they will kick your A$$ to the curb in a blink of an eye!

Just be ready to take care of yourself if you need to, if your age is correct (22) then you should be ready to leave the nest if necessary. I did it at 18 with a 2 day old baby, I just couldn't take them telling me that I had to be a JW when I didn't want to be and trying to run my life, so I took control of my life, and didn't ask them (parents) for 1 penny!

I know it's hard because that's all you've known, JW kids don't branch out on their own, especially a female, you go from being a child with mom and dad, to submissive wife with a husband and babies. Live on you own, take care of yourself, you don't need a "head" to do it for you, you have your own head!

And just in case no one has told you, the female brain is just as, if not more in some cases, capable of making good, well thoughout decisions.

nj

• fedorE
    fedorE

i just realized your female...maybe a lot closer to your father ..i dont know. All im saying is its vital/smart to keep at least one bridge un- burned if at all possible.....

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Lol, yeah, I don't want to ruin either relationships with my parents. That's why I'm not ready to say anything because my parents aren't your typical JW's. They are beyond - I can't even describe what they are. But that's why I don't want to screw anything up.

• steve2
    steve2

An important interpersonal skill that not many people possess is the ability to mindfully put your own feelings to one side and attend to the other person's feelings. I genuinely congratulate you on possesing this skill. It would be so easy to be swamped by a need to express your own feelings at the expense of your relationship with your mother. Good on you for keeping an eye on the longer-term picture!

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Thank you steve for those kind words. I've been sort of going to a quarter life crisis and I needed what you said and it meant a lot. Thank you!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..When did Jesus,"Sell THE FRANCHISE TO HIS TEACHINGS"?!!!..When did,The WBT$ Purchase It?!!!....How long will Jehovah`s Witness`s,"Accept the teachings of an Anti-Christ Organization,The WBT$"?!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit