How much BS can you feed one person?

by collegegirl21 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

My mother and I had a small conversation about them changing to just having one public watchtower. I asked her why she thought they would do this. And here is our conversation:

"Cause the society probably thinks its too deep for people in the world."

"But mom, don't you think that's a little odd?"

"The society hasn't been wrong so far. I don't plan on them starting now Sh*****"

"Ok Mom."

And then I asked her if she got her Sept KM and she said yes, so i told her that isn't it strange that people probably won't be able to have WT studies on Saturdays like we used to do with "the friends." And she said, "They are probably doing that because so many people start to think they are conductors when they have WT on their own. The society just wants to keep things in order." How much BS can you feed someone until they open their eyes?

Then I proceeded to tell her I will respect her wishes and go to the Convention this Sunday with the family. We get to ride on the "super cool" bus with everyone there and back... can you tell I'm excited?

I just wish that I was able to stand completely up to them. Not quite yet, I have my feet on the ground, but I need to wait until I can start walking before I tell them my true feelings and I want to be able to do it maturely and not have so much bitterness that I have for them and for the religion because of whats it done for my family. I just can't believe how she thinks everythign is completely okay. I just want my family back before they joined the religion!!!!

• Gopher
    Gopher
    The society hasn't been wrong so far.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!

• lola28
    lola28
    I just wish that I was able to stand completely up to them

The thing is you can stand up to them, but wish not to.

Lola

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote
    I just can't believe how she thinks everythign is completely okay. I just want my family back before they joined the religion!!!!

I just hope you don't lose as much time waiting for their awakening as I did. Try to find a surrogate family and friends, if you have not already. Do you have a group or church or book clubs or anything like that? It's hard to reach out when you're used to viewing "the world" as something outside of yourself, but I hope you can find your way out there. It's really worth it.

We get to ride on the "super cool" bus with everyone there and back... can you tell I'm excited?

Why not get involved in any number of political activities at your local college? Thenyou could really ride on some 'super cool' buses, and just diss the JW convention stuff. You could just say,"I'm busy with my extracurricular activities that weekend ..." and not even feel guilty about it if you find a cause that you're really passionate about.

I am reminded of a really cool bus trip I took to Washington, D.C. as a sophomore in college. We had coolers and pot and marched on the mall, for women's rights. I never saw so many people in one place in my entire life. Now that was cool.

• R.F.
    R.F.

All you can do is hope for the best when it comes to your parents' thinking about the religion. That they may have their eyes opened one day.

Just express yourself to them fully when you feel you are ready. It can definitely be a slow and arduous process, but I as well as everyone here has your back.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Bullsht is an acquired taste.

What you do is feed someone just a little... then a bit more... and then more and more until all you are feeding them is bullsht.

Sounds like your mom is getting 3 squares a day plus snacks.

• changeling
    changeling

Take as much time as you need and chose whichever exit route suits your personality and your circumstances. You'll find your way soon enough.

Take care,

changeling

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    "The society hasn't been wrong so far...."

That's a HOOT....I've got some pre-WWII Watchtower scans to show her....

Bullsh t is an acquired taste.

What you do is feed someone just a little... then a bit more... and then more and more until all you are feeding them is bullsh t.

Sounds like your mom is getting 3 squares a day plus snacks.

Elsewhere's got it nailed. Some people subsist on a diet of nothing but bullshit, but it takes a steady feeding over the years to get them there.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I know what you mean!!! I'm just taking it one day at a time. My parents get their daily dose of BS - but its just ridiculous!!!! How naive can one be? I mean, its so clear to me, but I don't understand how they are so blinded!

• fedorE
    fedorE

Whatever you do DONT piss off your mother. I realize that sooner of later ur leaving will break her heart but never ever under any circumstances upset her intentionally with your views. Maybe your father, but never your mother and if you do ever disagree in front of ur dad never do it if your mom is around. There's a bond there that u dont have with anyone else. She might look like she hates what u v decided to do re the ORG but u never know with mothers. When no one else is around my guess is that ur mother is the #1 person that will stick up for u, in or out of the religion.

(even so, dont u just wana scream "GET IT THRU UR HEAD I T S B U L L S H I T !!!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit