Elder is calling friends, JC any day now!

by BurnTheShips 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Yes, I have been working on "the fade" since before my baby was born in January and trying to keep as low a profile as I can. Will be moving out of the neighborhood soon and I had hoped to disappear. So anyways, leaving the dubs has not made me lose my faith in God or Christ. I have been using this time to explore several churches in the area. But oh-oh, looks like someone saw me walk out of a local church yesterday morning and called the illdoers from my congo.

How did I find out? Well instead of calling me directly, they are calling a sister (actually she is wavering and is only in for fear of family) that is a good friend of my wife's and grilling her as to whether we have been attending "other churches". She said no. My question is, how did he know to ask that question?

He then said that they have called us "several times" to meet with us, (This is BS, I was called once and said "I am t0o busy this week")and that they have come to my house several times but we are never home (thank God). My question is:
    Why do they snoop around and not call me directly?

I generally like all the elders I have known, and the ones in the congo I am fading from are generally well intentioned people (and seriously overwrought by the responsibilities, I pity them), but the snooper is this pharisaical pushy showoff young brownoser elder that was transferred in to "help". He is of the kind that just wants privileges to be over others. The kind that wants to be a CO before he is 40. He is the only elder I have ever really disliked (I can hardly keep it off of my face) in 30+ years of dubdom (my entire life)and several different congos over that span.

I was an MS until I stepped down last September. Accounts Servant-which IMHO is the heaviest charge an MS can have. This year, I only attended KH once so that the brothers could meet the baby and we went to the Memorial because my wife insisted (since then her transition to the Dark Side is complete).

Maybe my fade is too steep?

Anyway, I just wanted to spout.

Thanks.

BurnTheShips

• choosing life
    choosing life

Sorry they are after you. It is good that your wife is already on the same page as you. Remember the 2 witness rule. If they don't have 2 witnesses, I say deny, deny, deny. Unless you want out? Do you have family in you want to keep contact with? It might be a good idea to check out churches away from your area, if you do not wish to be Dfd.

Good luck to you!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Amazingly, my wife does not care any more. She is mentally out too. And since we started to fade, we do more things together that we did not do as dubs. For example, we now have a weekly family bible study. We are actually reading John without the WT blinders on. Its amazing what you see when you take those off.

We are also praying together more. It seems like we are more spiritual people now that we actually focus on God and not on what a man made org demands of us.

A JC and a formal DA or DF would sure cut off the ties and give me a chance to testify to the elders, maybe I could plant a seed.
    On the other hand, as I told my wife, I do not recognize their ecclesiastical authority and am therefore in no way bound to accede to meet with them.

BurnTheShips (of the screen-your-calls-and-be-away-from-home-on-Saturday mornings class)

• unique1
    unique1

They are going behind you back to get two witnesses. If they call I would just say, well you know they say everyone has a twin. I guess that person just looked like me. They have no proof and just leave it at that. If they still press for a meeting, just say with a new baby and the upcoming move that you honestly don't have time. If you did have the time, you would be attending meetings.

BEST WISHES!!!!

• fedorE
    fedorE

i hope u make their JC process as difficult as possible for them to establish a reason for "punishment"

• ninja
    ninja

chocolate rain!!!

• bluebell
    bluebell

They don't have any proof though do they? Unless more than one person saw you leave a local church.

And I agree - don't give into them - they have no authority over you

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've been seriously tempted to reply "Gesundheit" every time an elder says, "Faithful and Discreet Slave".

"Excuse me. Did you say something? I thought it was a sneeze."

• knock knock
    knock knock

that's lol funny jgnat!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If they don't have 2 witnesses, I say deny, deny, deny.

Good advice there. You will know that they don't have their 2 witnesses if they
    don't proceed to the JC from that. The problem lies in that they will actually camp
    out at the street by the church in a car to be the 2 witnesses. This means they
    will have you sooner or later unless you switch churches or sneak in for a few weeks.
    I would recommend it. We all know the elders will get tired of trying to catch you.
    They will only do this for a couple of weeks.

If they call I would just say, well you know they say everyone has a twin. I guess that person just looked like me. They have no proof and just leave it at that.

There ya go.

They will only do this for a couple of weeks. - edited to add "UNLESS THEY WANT TO MISS
    THIER OWN MEETINGS OR FIELD SERVICE AND USE CAMPING OUT TO CATCH YOU AS THEIR
    EXCUSE. IN THAT CASE THEY COULD SIT THERE EVERY WEEKEND FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS,
    THINKING THEY ARE DOING GOD'S WORK, BUT WITH COFFEE AND DONUTS INSTEAD OF WITH
    LIPS OF PRAISE. IT COULD BE TROUBLE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit