What was the ethnic composition of your congregation?

by badboy 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

99.5% white...but that was back in the very early 80's.

• brinjen
    brinjen

We had a rather large Italian family for quite a long time, a family from New Zealand, that's about it the rest were white. Pretty boring

• pratt1
    pratt1

My first congo - 90% black 9% white (bethelites) 1% Puerto Rican - poor neighborhood Young families, many chldren, most lived in housing projects, considered very spiritual minded

My second congo - 100% black - Middle Class neighborhood - all business owners and homeowners - many families, children seemed to get dfed, or DAed at a young age for fornication or they got married at an early age. Considered spriitually strong in the circuit.

My third congo - 95% white 5% black - upper middle clas neighborhood - Professional types -much older, many unbaptized kids, most attending college, we were considered spirtually weak within the circuit

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

100% Gentiles here.

Rub a Dub

• Brigido
    Brigido
    Spaniards are europeans. Hispanics are people of mixed-race origin as a result of interbreeding between Spanish and Caribbean/Mexican Natives.

Exactly! How do I know? I AM one...fair skinned, blue eyes, straight to wavy brown hair. My old hall was 85% Black. Innercity hall, West side CLE Brigido

• badboy
    badboy

BTTT

• White Dove
    White Dove

Here, in the Mid-Atlantic region, it is about 1/2 white and 1/2 black. The two don't mix much for activities outside the congregation like small get togethers. I detected a little bit of segregation here but didn't feel any annimosity between the two. Interesting question.

• erandir
    erandir

When I was going to it...98 White, 1 Mexican

Now...80 White, 2 or 3 Black, 1 Mexican

• White Dove
    White Dove

Gregor,

Oakies??? I suppose you never read "The Grapes of Wrath." Nice thing to call people who happen to live in the mid-west. It's an offensive term.

Chenoa

• White Dove
    White Dove

Need to ask: What does "BTTT" mean?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit