How Much and for How Long Did You Love Being In The 'Truth'?

by sweet pea 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

Always hated it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Deep down inside I knew something was wrong but I suppressed it. I was caught up in a whirlwind of socializing for a decade or so. But every now and then something would pop up in my mind. Years went by and then I said: No more.

LHG

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

"I also enjoyed the 15 minute recess as a kid between the main Talk and the WT study so I could go play in the creek"

You had a 15 minute break... ha, we had no such luck... it was straight from one to the other.

I was born into the org and I pretty much always wished that we could be one of those normal families of the world and always hated feeling so different.

I used to kinda like the lead up to conventions, all the fuss and new clothes and stuff, although the arguments about skirt lengths always got in the way. As a little kid, we would play this game after meetings... there were 7 steps at the entrance to the KH and the kid who was on would shout out a day of the week and we would jump to the relevant step. The game was stopped though when the grown ups realised that the last day was not Sunday but "Devils Day". Also after the meeting we would sometimes as a family stop for pastries from a local shop and sit and have a late night treat, that was cool. And sometimes when there was something else on like the memorial or something and there would only be a WT study, that was cool...

What I hated was never fitting into the cliquey crowd, the in crowd. I hated being bored, bored, bored and guilty, guilty, guilty because I was so bored!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit