We are we almost all black now? Especially CO's.

by coaster 39 Replies latest jw friends

• coaster
    coaster

For the past couple of years at my District Conventions, I have been unable to actually listen to most of it, so my mind is in many places. One such place was to count people in several of the other sections as to blacks and whites. Section 132..42 white and 137 black, section 133..36 white and 144 black, and so on. Just random observation, but could not help but notice. Us whiteys were only about 30 percent or so, and it was the same with the speakers (not that there's anything wrong with that)

By the way I have asked several friends the past few years if WT even MAKES white circuit overseers anymore as we have not seen one in 16 years!

Is there a racial shift going on (not that there's anything wrong with that) or am I way off base? What would be the cause? AND I even dated a wild black babe years ago, but that is another story that will not appear here.

Damn I love this place....coaster

• Gopher
    Gopher

It likely depends on where you are.

All my CO's were white/caucasian, except for one oriental about the time I left JW's in 2000. My friend (also white) became a circuit overseer in 1996.

I would think that in the U.S., there'd be more of a shift toward Hispanic JW's getting prominent roles, seeing that's where a lot of the numeric growth is coming from.

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

Last 2 CO's we had here in the South were black. However, in my wife's old congregation in western Ga (the cong was 60 - 70% black) they had an Englishman as their CO. I've only been involved in this org for 10 years, so this is the norm for me.

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

NC is pretty much that.

• coaster
    coaster

AMouse, is nc unique though? Anybody notice in other states? During the M Jackson news, I do remember seeing a book about Black and the JW Experience or similar.

Hell it's just....coaster

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Likely, this is another local or regional experience with this disjointed organization. The racial balance of hounders and hounder-hounders usually depends on the hounder-hounder-hounders and those directly above them. If one of them is racially prejudiced, that is going to cause a racial bias in that area while other areas not affected by that person are going to see different mixes.

Notably, it wasn't until recently that we saw the first black Governing Body member. The last I knew, there are no Hispanics on the Governing Body despite the rapid growth in that area. How high up they get, I am not aware. But it all depends on those above them: If a regional "manager" or hounder is biased against blacks and/or Hispanics, that region will see few if any black and/or Hispanic traveling hounders. If not, then the region will see more black and/or Hispanic leaders.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

No hablo ingles.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

I heard (for it's worth (probably nothing)) that Whites are quickly becoming the minority in this country, and that Blacks are quickly becoming the majority. (Not that there's anything wrong with that either, of course, we love our Black brethren). So while Whitey (as I am-albeit a tan Whitey) was the majority for two centuries,... in the words of Chief Inspector Closseu (a Frenchman) after destroying a priceless Steinway Piano at the home of one his suspects where it was said after he destroyed it, "That's a priceless Steinway", Chief Inspector Closseu said, "Not anymore".

BP

• choosing life
    choosing life

Where I live, there has never been a block CO in the past 30 years. The only black DO was yours truly who is on the gov. body now. I remember him giving a talk at a assembly and raking the young black brothers over the coals for having designs cut into their haircuts, as this was the style. He said it was a racial thing to do and carried on for quite a whole. I felt sorry for the young black brothers as it was only a line or two and as I said, was stylish.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    The only black DO was yours truly who is on the gov. body now.

Excuse me?? You are on the GB??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit