Were You "Refreshed" After Going To Meetings & Assemblies?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Yes, I used to get a lot of sleep at the assemblies. Quite refreshing.

Dave

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I usually felt refreshed because I slept through most of the ASSemblies and for the regular meetings too....I just couldn't keep my eyes open. To this day I can sleep sitting straight up

Ok sorry, back on topic - never felt refreshed after d2d and was usually very grumpy until I got home and took off those Damn panty hose!

nj

• mavie
    mavie

Yes, I did feel refreshed after district conventions in the sense that I was able to continue going to meetings for another year. The DC gave me a sense of the larger organization, a sense that I belonged to something bigger than me, a strong pull for some people.

The meetings and CA's did nothing for me. It was simply a routine.

I remember the last DC I attended. I only went to Friday's session. I spent Saturday in a bookstore drinking coffee and reading science books. I spent Sunday driving around the area. I remember feeling *very* refreshed after that weekend.

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

Refreshed?? No.

Exhausted?? Yes.

I always felt like the meetings wore me down. Especially the kingdom ministry school and service meetings on Thurs. evenings, UGH!

The worst part about the district assemblies was trying to get to the stadium before everyone else (usually got there at 6AM.) to grab a shady seat. Nothing worse than sitting out in the hot sun with a necktie on! But then by the time the program started I was ready for a nap, which wasn't so bad!

TCK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit