Were You "Refreshed" After Going To Meetings & Assemblies?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

They say that our spiritual food is sooo refreshing! It's "just what we needed"!

How did you feel after going out in the ministry or after a meeting?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I felt:

Empty

Beat-up

Confused

Bewildered

Empty

Disconnected

Disappointed

Unhappy

Frustrated

Empty

Crushed

Let down

Sometimes I really miss it! LMAO!

• brinjen
    brinjen

The only refreshing part of the ASSemblies & DC's was the exit door!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I always returned feeling disappointed with myself that I hadn't done more to help, encourage, participate ....

• minimus
    minimus

I hated the "Do More" talks.

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

In the last minutes of field service or a meeting, these days its almost as if i can't breathe until i get in my car and drive away.

I think its a new illness called Bullsh*t-Induced Asthma.

• ninja
    ninja

I got pretty "refreshed" every night in the hotel bar at the assembly

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I was at the beginning. I really thought it was amazing stuff.

The convention that was held 3 years ago was the first one I just wanted to leave. I actually went there thinking it would "build me up" like all the others had done previously, but that one just got me angry. They way they just kept talking about how great they where and how special the FDS actually started to make me sick.

That was actually a year before I started to read ex-jw material. I was still very much a believer of their doctrines, but the entire thing seemed so empty.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

sometimes after a meeting -YES. To be trutful I find assmblies and 3 day conventions EXHAUSTING and alwys did. In the Public Talk on Sunday afternoon I nearly always fell asleep.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Preparing for the meetings and assemblies, especially when you had a part, was not refreshing. Sitting for long hours was not refreshing. Waiting for "New Truths" was not refreshing. Listening to the same ole' same ole' was not refreshing. Continually putting the "Carrot" everlasting life if you do more in front of our faces was not refreshing. Asking for donations without passing the plate,always a deficit was not refreshing.

Getting out of my suit, shoes and socks and having a cold one after the meeting, now that was refreshing!

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit