LEECHES?!? LEECHES!?! You gotta be kiddin' !! Ever seen this?

by Open mind 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SuzieQ
    SuzieQ

Why in the world would Jehovah create blood sucking creatures in the first place? Surely he would realize the chance of one of them or all of them would, given the opportunity "feed" upon human blood. Mosquitos, Bats, Leeches and while lots of wild animals don't suck the blood of humans; lions, tigers and other predators eat humans whole, blood and all. I didn't read all the replies to this thread, so if someone else came up with this- Sorry! Can these people split hairs or what? SQ Calif. USA

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

They even found a cute scripture to throw in to add weight to their insanity.

(Proverbs 30:15) 15 The leeches have two daughters [that cry]: "Give! Give!" There are three things that do not get satisfied, four that have not said: "Enough!"

I have always wondered how on earth the Witchtower justifies a JW giving blood samples.

• veradico
    veradico

"However, though leeches parasitically feed on blood in their natural state at present, it would not be proper for a Christian to permit leeches to draw his blood. (Proverbs 30:15)" Ok. They quote Proverbs 30:15, which reports on leeches in a negative light. Therefore, the deranged WT reasoning goes, one might assume they are not kosher and that the Great Jehovah, to use their recent language in the KM, does not "endorse" their non-abstention from blood. Consequently, the he would not want his slaves to promote the leeches' immoral activity. (Because humans are supposed to make sure that animals don't do something Jehovah disapproves of, such as having sex outside of marriage, having sex with multiple partners, having sex with members of one's own sex, murdering other animals, stealing food and other resources from other animals, "telling lies" through the use of false smells, colors, sounds, etc., and generally behaving like animals.) However, the next verse makes it clear that the two, no, three, no, four leech-like things are Sheol, the barren womb, a desert, and fire, all of which are never satisfied. What in the name of all that is sane does that verse have to do with using leeches for medical purposes?

• avengers
    avengers

What about maggots. Is it ok with the WT if I put maggots in a wound.

(As if I give a sh!t what is ok with the WT)

• M.J.
    M.J.

"What about maggots. Is it ok with the WT if I put maggots in a wound."

Good question. Maggots violate the rule of not eating something that's found dead. But as long as you give the little guys a ceremonial bath afterward, it's a-ok.

I wonder if some poor JW out there couldn't get a limb re-attached because of this silly article.

Great point v, about feeding whole, live animals to snakes.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I know this is off topic (but since I started it I'll give myself license) but I just gotta know, Avenger.

Tell us about your avatar!

I love that cat! He looks way smarter than most humans!

Open Mind

ps Oh yeah, I hope you're not losing too much sleep over the as yet unanswered by the WT "maggot question". Tee hee.

• M.J.
    M.J.

"Oh yeah, I hope you're not losing too much sleep over the as yet unanswered by the WT "maggot question". Tee hee."

Shucks, I must be one of those posters people skip over..

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Bad leeches ! Bad leeches ! You'll never be in Paradise unless you repent from your evil blood-sucking ways !

However, though leeches parasitically feed on blood in their natural state at present, it would not be proper for a Christian to permit leeches to draw his blood. (Proverbs 30:15) Even where this was urged for medical reasons and the leeches would later be disposed of, the use of leeches would involve deliberately feeding blood to these creatures. That would conflict with the Bible’s indication that blood, being sacred and representing life, should be disposed of if it is removed from a body.

*sigh*

Btw, there was a QFR that addressed what kind of food True Christians pets can eat. *sigh* Yes...you guessed it ! The WTS says JW pets cannot eat pet food with 'blood meal' or animals not properly bled. I'm sure someone can post a scan that spectacular stupidity here for us all to gawk at.

Remember...if you have a pet (Christian) snake...you'll have to start killing those mice yourself, cutting their throats and properly bleeding them by hanging them from their tails; before feeding your pet.

Rabbit (of the totally embarrassed I used to believe this crap, class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit