Just Read the Silent Lamb website.. sooo Disgusted!!

by LearningToFly 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

I finally found my way to the Silent Lamb website, and am at this moment shaking with disgust and anger. I know from experience that the organization covers up child abuse issues, and protects the abusers. I just hadn't read anything like this before. I am just venting at this point, but the comments in the letters, the complete disregard to individuals who wrote letters, went to them for help to protect themselves and others is unbelievably disgusting beyond words. All to protect an image, all to protect the confessions of individuals as was written in the articles posted. I truely wish to see more individuals who have been harmed in this way speak out, and bankrupt the organization.

Gosh.. soooo angry... and pondering on what action I myself should take at this time in my life.

LTF

• Arthur
    Arthur

It's not a coincidence that this Summer's conventions contain talks which specifically mention "not believing in stories on the internet". This is just common sense; as any prudent person will take what they read on the net with a grain of salt, but this is not what the Brooklyn task masters have in mind.

The organizational leadership does not want any of it's members to read anything news articles, or research that are the least bit unflattering about the organization. It cracks me up how the organization constantly tells it's members that the "Slave" has provided the official Watchtower website to provide all of the information they need. Now, that's a knee-slapper.

What do all totalitarian groups in history (whether they be religious or political) have in common? Information control. Watchtower information is like the state-run news stations in the Soviet Union that only reported positive news about the Soviet economy and state of affairs; while reporting on all of the woes of every other country. Coincidently, both the Watchtower Society and the Soviet Union have both referred to themselves as "Mother". Mother organization; Mother land.

Sort of gives moms a bad name eh?

• avengers
    avengers
    Gosh.. soooo angry... and pondering on what action I myself should take at this time in my life.

Join the club.

First take a deep breath!!! Then come over to my house and have a beer!! .

Andy

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly

Thank you Andy, I'de love a glass of something.. A nice merlot would be great.. a liter or so! Cheers!

• sparrow
    sparrow

I felt the same. It wasn't that I didn't think it was the truth, or because I was pissed off because they DF'd me when I repented, or because that the elders in the cong I was in were so ignorant and backwards. I personally knew people molested and couldn't come to terms with what happened when the sh#t hit the fan. NOTHING!!! And to top it off they made a young boy apologise to his molestor. There is not enough !@#$%^&*() characters on this keyboard to express that lunacy.

-sparrow

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I do a lot of PR for SL and will do so for any other operation that is as brave.

Show me the pages and I will boost them

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

You have a PM.

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

Silent Lambs was one of the first web sites I saw prior to leaving. It totally disgusted me and left me completely shocked and speechless. I thought I was in God's organisation and didn't think this happend. This web site was the main reason I started having serious doubts and made me free. If we could get more JW's to see S/Lambs web site a lot would leave!

So much for being in the Truth. You only find out the truth about the truth when you leave.

Meet you all at the pub.

• Lotus65
    Lotus65

WHATS THE SILENT LAMBS WEBSITE

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

www.silentlambs.com

Go and have a look.

The WTB&TS is getting some heat from an organised group helping those who were molested. More power to them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit