Next year's District Convention will be 4 days?

by erandir 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I remember the 8 day ASSemblies.

That's nuthin'. I remembers when assemblies were all year round, and you only got Christmas and Easter off.

Slim

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The search engine is being redeveloped. Once it comes back up, anyone who wishes to find the thread(s) should search them up. However, I believe that it was one where the venue had one booked up for 4 days next year. I think it was in Minneapolis. That was posted a few weeks ago.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

IF they revert to the four days and they revert to the 1914-generation thesis i shall return to the fold, wearing my knickers this time.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I found the thread, and it is www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/137599/1.ashx . You will be able to find all the information I saw on that thread. There is no 100% guarantee that it is accurate; however, when they book a facility a year in advance, there is a pretty good chance that it is.

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder if the main talk at the assemblies/conventions will be 1/2 hour?

• jeanV
    jeanV

international conventions are still 4 days long, or at least it was the one I attended 5 years ago.

blondie, there were a lot of 10 minutes talks this year so I think the trend is definitely to shorten them.

• KW13
    KW13

Although i dont know it would make sense.

Conventions are intense brainwashing sessions, meetings are just brainwashing sessions. The Society might feel people arent doing what they should be.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I remember the 8-day conventions, the 6-day conventions, the 5-day, the 4-day and now the 3-day. During the period of the 4-day conventions, there would occasionally have a 5-day. So it wouldn't surprise me that there will a 4-day next year, reverting back to 3-day the following year--that is, if Armageddon doesn't come first.....

• erandir
    erandir

Until I get more information, I am just going to go with the theory that the convention sites need to be booked for 4 days in order to prepare the place for the 3-day convention. I remember once having guard duty the night and early morning before the Friday session and stuff was mostly set up Thursday evening by the time I came in.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower
    international conventions are still 4 days long, or at least it was the one I attended 5 years ago

Nope..I went to an international last year in Europe...3 days...just a little bit longer sessions because of translations and GB running off at the mouth in the final part.

I am only going to sunday session of the DC next week...not taking any more time off work. Ironically, I took today off work and could have went to the Friday session. But why would I do that when I can sit and chat with y'all here? (Plus I have a lot of other things to do besides get my a*s sore in a arena seat for 6 hours.)

SnakesInTheTower (of the "longest I ever went to was 5 days" Sheep Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit