How large was your JC?

by AK - Jeff 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I saw one comment that indicated a JC was, in his case, made up of 6 elders. Normally I think 3 or 5 is the number.

I think mine was 3 - though I did not attend the party.

Jeff

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There was 3 for the first JC (which I did not attend). For the appeal there was 6 - the intial three watch, whilst another 3 control proceedings. In my case, because I was an ex Bethelite and had a website I had 3 Bethelites, 1 Circuit Overseer, 1 IT expert from a suburb over an hours drive away and a lowly young elder from my congregation.

Of all of them, the young elder was on the edge of his seat, rivetted throughout the entire meeting. One day I am sure the reality of it will all hit him and he will leave. Interestingly the CO (who was very old) walked me to my car and confessed that he had not spoken to his son in many years because he was disfellowshipped. I just shook my head at him, though not sure whether it was more the pity or the anger that I felt.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Mrs ozzie and I didn't have one! We simply refused to attend any meeting, recognising that the borg was irrelevant to our lives - and still is ten years later!

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

1ST was 4, second unknown (didnt attend)

CS 101

• besty
    besty

4 apparently.

Anybody care to estimate the number of hours a typical JC consumes on a per elder basis?

My 1st guess would be 3 meetings * 2 hours = 6 hours per elder * 4 elders = 24 hours

• slmdf
    slmdf

I only had one JC and there were 4 elders. Usually there are 3 but as the case get's more and more complicated, they are not limited in the number that can be on it.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Each JC I faced had 3 men.

• timmycat
    timmycat

There still after me, though I don't do anything WT wrong, there still watching and after me, because I'm very different they can't work me out, I guess I am just to honest and they cant handle my love handles.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

All three times it was 3 guys.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Zero. I have yet to have my hearing, and first they are going to have to waste the time trying to catch me doing apostasy and worshiping the "sun". Then they will waste the time to assemble, while I merely blow it off. If I do get disfellowshipped, it will mean nothing since I already disfellowshipped the organization from my life and I do not go to any meetings or in service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit