Very high-quality scan of the 9/07 km Question Box

by under_believer 11 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
  • MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Thanks, hope it stays up a while before the WTS files their cease and desist.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I finally figured out to use the magnifying glass thingy. Thanks UB.

Loved this quote. In one sentence they display a whole range of harshness and control.

It is commendable for individuals to want to use their thinking ability in support of the good news.

"It is commendable" -- such Watchtower-speak.

"Individuals" -- aren't they talking about their spiritual brothers and sisters here? "Individuals" is SO COLD.

"Use their thinking ability" -- that's what this whole Question Box is AGAINST

"In support of the good news" -- As always, everything comes back to serving the publishing company

• under_believer
    under_believer

You're welcome!
    Gopher, good points. Along those same lines, I posted an analysis here, with a rather unfortunate threat subject line that did me no favors at all: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/139208/1.ashx

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Thank you

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom

Thank you for that scan. I've been looking for it. Now I have something to share with my support group this month. I'm sure everyone will be asking. Thanks again. cynthia

• greendawn
    greendawn

Of course they don't want independant studying that's why in 1981 a lot of people got kicked out of Bethel because they formed groups to study the Bible without the WTS publications something that infuriated the GB.

That KM is another study in FDS deception and how they twist and misuse the Bible to promote their interests. What does seeking to find the Biblical truth have to do with engaging in futile searches of endless genealogies and myths, something advised against by Paul? The manipulation is so obvious here.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Creepy, for a second I could smell the Kingdom Hall while reading that. I just weirded myself out. O_O

The question and the answer to the question were equally creepy.

• NewTruth
    NewTruth

Well, the questions from readers was horrible.. Can't believe I used to believe that I really wasn't allowed to try to understand the scriptures..without the governing body thinking of it first.. ugh

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

The first paragraph and the very next sentence sums up the whole religion, doesn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit