mutual respect

by Hortensia 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

did you ever notice that people who want "mutual respect" or "compromise" or "consensus" or "discussion" really just want you to shut up and listen to them? They don't really want any of those things; they just want to put the other person in the wrong for disagreeing. If they really wanted a "discussion," they'd have the courtesy to reply to comments, rather than just do a hit and run sermon. OK, rant over.

• animal
    animal

Absolutly

I enjoy replying when I start a thread.

Animal

• Gopher
    Gopher

I was thinking of starting a thread like this too. Glad you did.

I think MRP did two disrespectful things -- first he didn't put things into readable paragraphs. Heck, even the Watchtower can put things in readable paragraphs in its magazines.

Second, he didn't LISTEN or engage in back-and-forth dialogue. He just wanted to post and run. That's so much like a preaching JW it isn't funny.

I'm waiting for him to show respect back to this board, because we sure gave him respect and attention. If he won't reciprocate, it will wear thin very soon.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I enjoy replying when I start a thread.

Me, too. Often it is the only reply I get.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah some people are a tease

• journey-on
    journey-on

He was bombarded by so many so fast, maybe he's going to read them all, digest them, then reply to each one later. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. However, as I said in one of my posts, I think this is a diversion of some sort to get everybody off the subject of the Sept. KM. Just a thought.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yeah some people are a tease simpering troll.

I don't understand why such obsequious servile trolls are welcomed so heartily.

I would welcome them more in the manner of the HBO show "Deadwood": "F*ck you and the horse you rode in on."

But that's just me. I was raised by wolves.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hi! What yall talking about?

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

looks like once again I'm out of the loop...

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Amen, Hortensia!! I agree

How do you come in here with guns blaze'n and then disappear?

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit