ever changing WTS

by logic 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• logic
    logic

I guess the following article and many more like it no longer apply since the sept KM. (aug 15, 98 WAT pg 20)

Jehovah’s organization does not discourage sincere, timely questions, as some opposers mistakenly claim. (1 Peter 1:10-12) However, the Bible counsels that we avoid foolish, speculative questions. (Titus 3:9) Asking reasonable questions and searching God’s Word and Christian publications to find Scriptural answers can increase our accurate knowledge and can thus strengthen our confidence in Jehovah. The organization follows the example of Jesus. He refrained from commenting on questions for which the proper time for answering had not arrived. He explained: "I have many things yet to say to you, but you are not able to bear them at present." (John 16:12) He also admitted that some things he himself did not know at that point.—Matthew 24:36.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    we avoid foolish, speculative questions.

And who determines what is foolish and speculative? Some old half-brain fart that never had a deeper thought in his life! This was the issue that began my long descent out of the WTS. I went to an elder with a question that I sincerely wanted an answer to. He told me I was speculating and if I had a need to know the answer to that question, I was spiritually weak. I walked away right then and there with a whole different attitude, my friend.

• under_believer
    under_believer

I have to disagree, it's completely consistent.

Asking reasonable questions and searching God’s Word and Christian publications to find Scriptural answers can increase our accurate knowledge and can thus strengthen our confidence in Jehovah.

"Christian Publications" is coded language for "the Society's publications."

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

I think it still applies....

Jehovah’s organization does not discourage sincere, timely questions, as some opposers mistakenly claim.

Sincere and timely questions being the ones found on the bottom of a Watchtower study or the many 192 page books.

However, the Bible counsels that we avoid foolish, speculative questions.

Any questions not found in said WT or 192 page book are foolish and speculative.

Asking reasonable questions and searching God’s Word and Christian publications to find Scriptural answers can increase our accurate knowledge and can thus strengthen our confidence in Jehovah.

"What does the Watchtower CD ROM say about 1914? Interesting, it all begins at 607 BCE. The slave certainly does all the necessary research for us, how could I doubt that! Even a certain scholar is in agreement."

The organization follows the example of Jesus. He refrained from commenting on questions for which the proper time for answering had not arrived.

At least they can now fully follow Jesus' example in this aspect.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Don`t question the WBT$ association with the United Nations-NGO........Don`t question the profits the WBT$ recieves,through a trust fund from tobacco giant Phillip Morriss..............Don`t question the 500 million dollar contract Rand Cam Engine Corp. recieved from the US Navy..WBT$ owns 50% of Rand Cam................Don`t question the 10 million dollar payout from the WBT$,to victims of sexual abuse within it`s organization.....Question Nothing!..Or..Be disfellowshipped!...OUTLAW

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

I hope Cano is gettin bumholed

• JK666
    JK666

Unfortunately, Cano would like that! JK

• Gopher
    Gopher

Translation:

The Watchtower Society does not discourage questions from outsiders, but we will not listen to any other viewpoint. We have the truth dammit, and if you don't like it go join that whore Babylon the Great. Once you're a baptized Witness, if you have questions you must wait on Jehovah. In other words, shut the f*ck up.

The organization follows the example of Jesus, who wouldn't answer questions when he didn't feel like it either. Unlike Jesus, we'll never admit that we don't know an answer. We'll just blow smoke.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Searching God's word and Christian publications. That means what it says: only the NWT and WT and A! bound volumes. But, can't falsity be uncovered using just these things? It gave no room for historical documents or any other sources. This will not change. Don't go beyond the publications.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Avoiding foolish, speculative questions? ORLY?

I seem to recall one of the most foolish speculative questions posed by the WTS: "Could God's Millenium start coincide with the last 1000 years of mankind's existence?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit