Would You Wear Religious Jewelry Comfortably Now???

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Would you honestly be comfortable to wear a cross, a crucifix or a religious medal of some sort?

I'm curious as to how many would feel "weird" about it now.

• Nulite
    Nulite

The cross has been so demonized by watchtower. I'm quite comfortable with the cross. I don't wear one, however I don't feel as if demons are going to invade my home because I have one laying around. I like the Catholic rosary. Just friends of mine who are J-Dubs would freak if the saw me with a Jesus piece.

NL

• Heather
    Heather

I have never been attracted to crosses or many religous jewerly peices but a few years ago I found a beautiful silver celtic goddess necklace that i was just drawn to. I wear it almost everyday. I think part of me feels free from my past by wearing it. Its very simple and has become my everyday piece that I wear. No bad feelings here and when my JW grandma eyed it suspiciously I told her it was Celtic woman.......she said "oh, thats nice". HAHAHAHA

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I am not religious at all. Actually, anti-religious, but I wear a St. Anthony medalion, because my wife gave it to me as a gift, and it's kind of sharp.

So, in a word....YES

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

If I were not fading, I would wear a crucifix. I love them.

LHG

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I actually carry a life-size cross on my back when I walk around my home town. Gets a lot of attention, but I'm not sure if it would be considered jewelry.

S4

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Only if it's non-religious, religious stuff. Like, a FSM bracelet or something!

I do like the gothic crosses as art, but can't really see myself wearing any because I'm so disgusted with religion and wouldn't want to give any impression of actually holding it as sacred.

• Mazzie Brossmann
    Mazzie Brossmann

I am wearing a cross right now. It the Crucifix that would make me feel uncomfortable.

What is a FSM bracelet? I tried to google it and found "flying spagetti monster" on the Wiki site.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Noted that you used the word 'comfortably' in your title. No, the life-size cross is not very comfortable to carry at all!

I also have to use extreme caution when making turns in a crowd. Smack one person up side of the head with a 6x6, and you'd think the world was coming to an end. People can be so confrontational today!

S4

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    What is a FSM bracelet? I tried to google it and found "flying spagetti monster" on the Wiki site.

Yes, that's it.

LOL @ Seeker4!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit