WBTS talking about superannuation

by sass_my_frass 7 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Being bereft of my WBTS CD, can somebody who has the inclination (we'll call her Blondie ) think of or even better, quote any time that the publications have mentioned saving for retirement? I said to my grands that they 'never once' mentioned financial security in retirement, and want to make sure I wasn't being melodramatic.

Can somebody else pm me the location of an online version of the CD, so I can look this stuff up for myself? Much obliged.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Sorry I don't have my laptop on me to look it up, but it reminds me - I am a tax consultant and used to do tax returns for over 100 JWs. Often they would ask me about superannuation, often wanting to know how to withdraw it or stop paying it, which you can't do in Australia without exceptional circumstances. I would always recommend against it. Others would sheepishly ask what I thought about adding extra to superannuation. It was always a bit embarrassing as it was a confession that they expected to still be living in 40 or 50 years time when they would be needing it in retirement.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    Others would sheepishly ask what I thought about adding extra to superannuation.

Heya JWF... yep that would have been an uncomfortable situation, but I'm glad to hear that it happens, and that not every JW is as deluded about their future as my folks.

• Gill
    Gill

I do remember an article on the elderly that recommended that people make plans and provision for their old age so as not to be a burden on their children. But it must have been many years ago and I don't remember exactly when.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Awake 1975

11/8 p.12 "How to Make Retirement Rewarding"

Retirement marks a big change in one’s life and therefore one should plan and prepare for it, even as one planned and prepared for marriage and for one’s career in life. Says one authority on the subject: "You should condition yourself [for it] emotionally, financially, and even physically . . . If a good job of preplanning was done before retirement, a lot of these problems would go out the window."

NO "mention of saving for retirement"

PS

"And, above all, it requires giving unselfish service to God and your fellowman."

fokyc

• matwater
    matwater

I DO remember being told I never would have to plan for retirement, and that it was something "worldly" people worry about. That was in the 1960's, when I was in high school. After all, it was a "fact" I would NEVER grow old in this system of things - so why plan for retirement? It simply wasn't going to happen! Go back and read the May 8, 1969 Awake! (it's not on the WTCD) and it becomes apparent the Society "knew" what they were talking about.

That was nearly four decades ago...

• blondie
    blondie

Retirement plans mean different things in different cultures. Some encourage children to take care of parents so having children was a retirement plan. Others have governmental plans built into employment, such as social security. Remember thant the following article was aimed at non-jws. Of course, jws are told not to make this their confidence in the future because all these things can be taken away. Remember that the WTS talks out of both sides of the mouth.

*** w67 12/15 pp. 766-767 Real Security—Where? ***ABOUT three thousand years ago faithful King David of Israel confessed the source of his security. He wrote: "In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for you yourself alone, O Jehovah, make me dwell in security." (Ps. 4:8) Yet in the years since those words were written, how many people have failed to look to Jehovah as the real source of security! Men, instead, put their hopes in bank accounts, old-age insurance and retirement plans. With the economic situation in the world subject to rapid change, how frail are the hopes of security based entirely upon finances!

With abundant proof that Jehovah is going to reestablish a paradise on the earth within our time, we have all the more reason to look to him for security. This attitude, though, came as a shock to an insurance man in Connecticut who called one evening at the home of one of Jehovah’s witnesses. The Witness relates what happened:

"He asked for a few minutes of my time to explain the highlights of an insurance program which he felt would be of interest and importance to me. Agreeing to a brief discussion, I listened as he outlined a security and retirement program. Though I was deeply impressed by his sincere manner, I couldn’t help smiling at his description of the benefits that would come to my family by the end of the century. Sensing my amusement, he asked, ‘Don’t you agree that a program of this nature is the most sensible approach to real security?’

"I replied, ‘My idea of what constitutes real security and your idea of real security are worlds apart.’ ‘What do you mean by that?’ he asked. Replying, ‘I’m glad you asked that question,’ I picked up my Bible and started to show him what I thought constituted real security."

The conversation lasted a little over three hours—five minutes for insurance, three hours for Bible truths. A number of times the insurance man asked, "But how do you know that’s true?" The minister responded, "You will never know or be sure unless you investigate for yourself, carefully, methodically, thoroughly."

About a month later the minister was pleased to receive a phone call from the insurance man. It seems that he wanted a Bible in modern language, like the one that was used during the discussion. The Witness agreed to deliver one to his office and brought along a copy of a Bible-study aid. Accepting them, the insurance man asked, "What would I gain by studying the Bible as you suggest?" What would you say to that question? The minister answered: "The satisfaction of knowing the truth about God and his purposes for the earth and man. Also, the ability to gain his favor and merit life under the promised new system of things, not to mention finding real and permanent security."

You can imagine the joy the Witness received to be able to give an affirmative reply to the question, "Could you arrange to have someone hold a weekly Bible discussion with me?" The insurance salesman is now rapidly increasing his knowledge of Bible truths.

How happy can be the lot of all such persons who now take a positive step toward acquiring real security! That security will be of the most dependable type, with Jehovah God as its Source. He assures us that the security of his new order will not be marred by wars or want. (Ps. 72:7, 16) Men will then experience security at Jehovah’s hand, for he promises: "I will make them lie down in security."—Hos. 2:18.

The WTS recognizes that jws have retirement plans and let them know that they can donate that to the WTS upon their own death (rather than family........hmmmm?)

*** w06 11/1 p. 20 Unitedly Building to Praise God ***

CHARITABLE PLANNINGIn addition to outright gifts of money, there are other methods of giving to benefit Kingdom service worldwide. These include:

Insurance:Watch Tower may be named as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or a retirement/pension plan.

*** g75 11/8 pp. 12-16 How to Make Retirement Rewarding ***RETIREMENT! The very thought of it appeals to many hardworking persons. They fondly think of it as a time of freedom from toil and freedom from responsibilities; a time for doing as they please; a time for recreation and "fun." And it has proved to be just that for not a few, as extensive surveys made by two large universities have shown.

On the other hand, in a great many instances it appears that retirement has turned out to be anything but a blessing. According to researchers, "The ‘Golden Years’ featured in American advertising are too often years of apathy, depression and despair." Another report tells how retirement often leads to headaches, depression, stomach trouble, oversleeping, irritability, loss of interest and the drinking of more alcoholic beverages.

One of the directors for the American Association of Retired Persons says that "a lot of [retirees] are bitter. They think: ‘The company didn’t want me and they turned me out.’" More or less agreeing with them is Dr. F. H. Cookinham, who at the age of ninety-one years is the oldest practicing physician in California, and who after fifty-eight years of practice still makes house calls: "Many a man who is retired at age 65 is at his very best. Retirement is a crime against 50 per cent of them." A research couple, who made a global tour investigating the lot of retired persons in European lands (including Russia), China, Japan, as well as the United States, came to the conclusion that "the problem of the isolated oldster is, in fact, present in most of the world’s developed nations, whatever their system of government."

After a man reaches the age of sixty-five he can expect to live, on an average, some thirteen years more; a woman can hope to live seventeen years more. Of course, for the 25 percent (in the United States) that keep on working, retirement poses no immediate problem, but it may well do so for the rest. Retirement marks a big change in one’s life and therefore one should plan and prepare for it, even as one planned and prepared for marriage and for one’s career in life. Says one authority on the subject: "You should condition yourself [for it] emotionally, financially, and even physically . . . If a good job of preplanning was done before retirement, a lot of these problems would go out the window." One noted financial institution, the Royal Bank of Canada, recommends that you begin learning about retirement at the age of forty. The new EncyclopædiaofOccupationalHealthandSafety, issued by the International Labor Organization, states that you should begin planning at least five years ahead of time. And an Australian labor publication recommends that for a happy old age you should begin while still a teen-ager by adopting a balanced diet.

Planning

Financially

Planning for retirement involves a number of factors. To begin with, there is the matter of income. Today most persons living in developed countries can expect to receive some form of "Social Security." This may be enough to live on even though it may amount to only half of what you had been earning. Can you exact a pension? That will help. Planning ahead may also mean having savings in a bank, investing in insurance and in stocks or bonds or real estate. All such aids are in keeping with the Biblical injunction to consider the ant, which makes provision during summer and harvesttime for the winter ahead.—Prov. 6:6-8.

Planning and preparing for retirement also mean conditioning yourself to getting accustomed to more modest circumstances. Prepare yourself to spend less on food, clothing, shelter and recreation. Take an inventory and determine what is more important to you and what is less. Here also the old saying applies, "It is never this AND that, but this OR that." Should you find that you will need added income, explore the possibilities. There are many of them, your kind being determined by your abilities, your resourcefulness and where you happen to be living. You might be able to start a small business, such as raising herbs or growing mushrooms, or you might be able to start a modest cleaning service, even as others have done.

Have you a hobby that upon retiring can be turned into a profitable business? For example, there was a railroad engineer who used to make violins as a hobby—he coming from a violin-making family. Now as a retiree he makes violins full time to his heart’s content. One retired woman makes rag dolls and sells them; a pair of retired oldsters make wooden models of old-time stage coaches and sell them. If you are an American farmer, you might consider the "Green Thumb" projects, as thousands of other retired farmers have done. Three days a week they plant grass and trees, clean out lakes and ponds and build picnic tables and fireplaces, for which they receive some $40 a week.

Truly many are the avenues open to you for solving the problem of income upon retirement if you will but realistically plan and prepare.

Planning

YourLocation

Retirement planning also includes the matter of location, where you want to live upon retiring. In the United States many retirees move to some state that has a favorable climate, such as Florida, California or Arizona. Thereby they not only escape the rigors of winter weather, which bring great discomfort to all old folk, but most likely also effect a saving on fuel and clothing bills.

A number of individuals move to Latin-American countries when they retire. In this way they are able to enjoy not only a mild tropical climate but also an economic advantage that such dollar-hungry countries offer retirees in the form of a tax-free status. Those of Jehovah’s witnesses who have taken advantage of such retirement offers enjoy the added opportunity of taking the ‘good news of God’s kingdom’ to these countries where the need is perhaps greater than ‘back home.’

To save on both work and expenses it may also be advisable to move to a smaller house or apartment. But there is something to be said against moving into a settlement consisting entirely of retirees. At least that is what certain European social planners have found. One would also do well to consider the relative advantages and disadvantages of living in the city, in the suburbs or in the country. Among other factors to consider are those of transportation and nearness to one’s friends and relatives, to one’s place of worship and to shopping centers.

Keeping

WellThoughRetired

Once having retired, of prime importance is your health. Who wants to die? Health both makes you want to live and enables you to live as long as possible. Your two main concerns as regards physical health are diet and exercise, activity. As you get older you will need less food and specially so since most likely you will lead a less active life. But if you have time on your hands and lack interests, you may be eating more instead of less and so hurry yourself to an early grave.

However, if you are living alone, the opposite might be your problem. It has been said that for a man to enjoy his meals he must have someone to cook for him, and for a woman to enjoy eating she must have someone for whom she can cook. If you are living alone you may not be taking in sufficient nourishing food. Make certain that you get enough protein and also vitamins and minerals. You might get enough of the latter in fruits and vegetables but, then again, you might find that you benefit from taking supplements of these.

Just as important as the right diet, if not more so, is getting sufficient exercise. Thus the chairman of the American Medical Association’s Committee on Aging once stated: "Idleness can kill. . . . When you retire, you quit and go home. And that is when the problems start." That those who keep active after sixty-five live longer is the conclusion reached by Dr. R. M. Hamblin, a research scientist who conducted a study on the subject for the United States Veterans Administration. One who expressed similar sentiments was the late Dr. J. F. Montague, a prominent authority on intestinal and stomach disorders. He continued active until he died, well along in his seventies. He held that a robust and healthy man should "never retire." Instead, he said, "a man may withdraw his activities into those that are less arduous and more pleasing to him, but I don’t think a man should ever retire." In this regard it has been observed that God said nothing to Adam in the garden of Eden about retiring. He was to keep working "until you return to the ground."—Gen. 2:15; 3:17-19.

You simply must get some physical activity if you are to stay well after retiring. This can be in the form of some kind of exercise, such as swimming or walking or knocking a little ball around a golf course. It would be ideal, of course, if you could get your activity as a by-product of doing something useful or purposeful. That such activity might be even more effective in avoiding heart attacks than watching one’s diet is the opinion expressed by Dr. Walter C. Alvarez, noted medical author. He says: "Perhaps walking a mile a day would help [a man] more than being starved. . . . the worst thing a person past middle age can do is not to exercise enough. Perhaps our enemy is not so much gluttony as sloth."

Keeping

YounginSpirit

Physical well-being, however, is only one side of the coin. The other side is mental and emotional well-being, keeping young in spirit. That requires that you have interests; that you keep being curious, wanting to learn and being concerned, wanting to do things. That these qualities can extend into old age was shown by an article that appeared in the New York Times, January 23, 1974, and which was entitled: "Old Age: A Case of Spirit, Not Chronology." It told of five New York women, all over seventy-five years old, who were leading busy, rich and full lives. One travels, entertaining women’s clubs, college and church groups by telling stories; another is out entertaining guests six or seven nights a week and is learning Spanish; another does volunteer work with youngsters two days a week and does not mind walking three miles to do it; and so forth. As one of them put it: "I’m too interested in the things I’m doing to have time to be old."

Yes, those concerned with improving the lot of retirees stress keeping up your interest and curiosity in things. They report that many retired persons who complain of being bored often are just too lazy to do something to make life interesting for themselves and of benefit to others. Thus some who complained of being bored were too lazy to visit the senior citizens center even though it was within walking distance. And when they were offered rewarding and not at all too strenuous things to do, they claimed that they were too busy—too busy doing what? Nothing but idling around!

The fact is that you cannot spend all your time in recreation any more than you can spend all your time eating or resting and sleeping. These are merely means to an end. That is why one retired professor of medicine objects to the very word "retirement," which means to withdraw or retreat and suggests doing nothing. In its place he would substitute the expression "the Elective Years," in that then one is free to elect or choose what one would do, as well as when and how much of it to do.

Love

ofGodandofNeighbor

Those whose profession is to help to make retired persons more happy and contented tell that the most unhappy retirees are those who lead extremely selfish, self-centered lives; those whose chief concerns are materialistic. Now—no longer able to pursue their greedy goals—they must learn to think of others if they would be happy and contented. It has been said that the most important words for the retiree are "Keep busy." But it must be at something rewarding, for the Creator gave us a moral sense, a conscience, the ability to reason and make right decisions. The doctor who at ninety-one years still keeps making house calls illustrates that point. He certainly has no financial need, but his heart and his mind require him to keep serving others. Confirming this, Dr. Hamblin stated that retired people live as long as they feel they are needed.

Making the same point is retired, onetime public relations man Henry Legler. In his book HowtoMaketheRestofYourLifetheBestofYourLife, he says: "The retiree who opens his mind and his heart to some form of church or community service can find satisfactions that are far more enduring than the triumphs of a business career." Incidentally, he speaks from experience.

And that ‘man does not live by bread alone,’ but has spiritual needs also has been noted by the Great Teacher, Jesus. (Luke 4:4) Thus we are told that "the White House Conference on Aging has suggested that the churches—which may be doing more for the aged than any other organization—are not doing enough . . . The churches, the report hinted, are taking better care of the social needs of the elderly than of their spiritual needs. They are providing lectures, movies, bus tours and church suppers, but are doing too little in the area of ‘nourishing the spiritual life of our older population.’"—The Cleveland Press, January 5, 1974.

But there is one religious group that is not making. this mistake, namely, the Christian witnesses of Jehovah. They stress the spiritual side of life: personal Bible study, attending Christian meetings, serving God and man. Far from being bored, retirees who are Witnesses are happy, busy and productive. At the headquarters of the Watch Tower Society there are some forty members who are more than sixty-five years old, thirteen of them being over eighty years old. These continue to work a number of hours each day and are happy doing it, for their spiritual needs are well taken care of. Similarly, some 5 percent of the 20,000 full-time pioneer ministers in the United States are over sixty-five years old. One of these, who died in 1973, had kept busy until she was ninety-nine years old!

Yes, you can make "the rest of your life the best of your life." But it requires preparing and planning, giving thought to practical factors such as income, location and physical well-being. And, above all, it requires giving unselfish service to God and your fellowman.

*** g98 12/8 pp. 24-27 The Wisdom and Benefits of Estate Planning ***THE Petersons were disappointed. They had counted on the funds received from the sale of their properties to help them finance their retirement years and to provide enough, eventually, to make a nice gift to their children as well. Those expectations were dashed by the heavy taxes incurred when the properties were sold.

The Smiths too had properties that had grown significantly in value over the years. Through a special arrangement in the sale of those properties, they were able to arrange for a retirement income for themselves, a nice gift to their children, and something for their favorite charity besides.

Rose Jones found herself at the end of her rope. Soon after her husband’s untimely death, she began receiving papers she didn’t understand from the state and federal government. Her husband, John, had always taken care of their finances, including the payment of taxes, the procurement of life insurance, and so on. He had always told her not to worry—"everything was taken care of." But since he died without a will, some of the assets she depended on for income were frozen. She was advised that she now needed to retain an attorney to help her find out what assets her husband had left and what would be involved in transferring these to her name. She was also told that some portion of these assets, by law, would be transferred to her husband’s children by a previous marriage, even though she knew that this was not his intention. Facing the crushing weight of being a widow was only made worse by not knowing what to do and by worrying about how much it would cost to put things back in order.

Mary Brown also suffered the tragedy of losing her husband to an untimely death. She took some comfort in the knowledge that her husband had made adequate life insurance provisions so that she and their two children would be provided for economically. She also understood what assets became hers immediately upon the demise of her husband and what assets would be coming to her through her husband’s will. Although adjusting to the challenges of widowhood, she was deeply grateful to her husband for being so considerate in organizing his affairs, so that his death had virtually no financial impact on her and the children.

What made the difference for the Smiths and Mary Brown? Estate planning.

What

IsEstatePlanning?

Estate planning is simply a process of deciding how your assets will be distributed at your death and then taking steps to carry out your decisions effectively and economically. Such steps may involve titling assets, naming beneficiaries, and creating such documents as wills and trusts. In complex situations it will involve much more.

While most people would no doubt agree on the wisdom of making such arrangements, relatively few have done so. A surprising 70 percent of adults in the United States do not have a will! Typical of the excuses are the following: "I’m too busy; I’ll get around to it later." "I don’t have a lot of money or valuable things to pass on." "I don’t have a lawyer." "I don’t like to think of my own mortality." "I don’t know where to start."

Granted, the thought of estate planning may be intimidating. But it need not be. Getting started is often simply a case of getting organized and understanding the decisions you face. Like many things, estate planning is not difficult when broken down into steps and tackled one step at a time.

Steps

toTake

The first step is to inventory your estate. You should list not only what you own but also what each asset is worth and how you own it or how it is titled. (See the box "Net Worth Work Sheet.") Most assets can be classified as securities (stocks, bonds, mutual funds), real property (your home, rental or investment property), bank accounts (savings, checking, money market funds), personal property (collections, art, jewelry, cars, furniture), life insurance, retirement benefits, and businesses. After listing what you own, make a list of what you owe, such as mortgages, loans, notes, and credit card balances. Subtracting these liabilities from the total of your assets shows your net worth. In many countries a tax is imposed on what is transferred to others at death. The amount of tax depends on the net value of the assets transferred, so the amount of your net worth is an important figure to determine.

The second step is to look at your ultimate objectives—not in terms of amounts, but in terms of what you want to accomplish for both yourself and your beneficiaries. Typically, a married person will want to provide security for his or her spouse. A parent may want to provide some measure of financial protection for his or her children. An adult child may want to arrange for the care of an elderly parent. Additionally, you may want to remember certain friends or charities in your estate plan. It is important to write down who is to be included in your estate plan and your objective with regard to each.

Don’t forget to consider the various contingencies that can affect your estate plan. For example, what if the beneficiary predeceases you? Would you then like that share to go to his or her spouse, children, or perhaps someone else?

The third step is to select those responsible for carrying out your wishes. In most cases you will need an executor and perhaps a guardian and a trustee. No matter whom you select, have at least one backup, and make sure that everyone you name is willing to take on the job. The executor is the one who will gather your assets after your death, handle any legal or probate proceedings and, ultimately, distribute your assets according to your wishes. A family member is often the best choice for this responsibility, although an institution such as a bank trust department may be preferable if your situation is complex. A guardian should be named in your will to raise your children in the event that you and your spouse die while the children are still minors. If your plan includes trusts for your children, the guardian can also be named the trustee, providing he or she has the skills to manage the funds. If the guardian is lacking in financial expertise, an institution such as a bank trust department could be named as sole trustee or cotrustee along with the guardian.

The fourth step is to understand the tools available to help you accomplish your objectives. Do you want to make an outright gift to a beneficiary, or would you rather leave property in trust for that one’s benefit? There’s a big difference. When you leave property outright, your interest in that property ends when you die. However, even after your death, you continue to exercise some control over property that is left in trust. The trustee you name will manage and use assets for the benefit of the beneficiaries according to your instructions in the trust. With minor children, for example, a trust can arrange for their care according to their individual needs and then dictate at what age(s) a child acquires control over the assets contained in the trust.

Who

CanHelp?

In almost all cases, you should consult with one trained in the estate planning field to help you understand the tools available to assist you in accomplishing your objectives. Your estate plan should be designed to fit your unique goals and circumstances. Creating your estate plan may require the help of a variety of advisers, such as an accountant, a financial planner, and an insurance agent. If your estate plan involves a charity, you may be able to receive free educational assistance from the charity’s planned giving department. The Planned Giving Desk of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, for example, provides assistance for those who are interested in including the Society in their estate planning. Many have benefited from this service by receiving clear suggestions on how best to arrange their affairs so as to minimize taxes and maximize the benefits left to their loved ones and to the Society.

Although many may be involved in the planning stages, your final estate plan and the necessary documents should be prepared by an attorney who specializes in estate planning. You should feel free to ask any adviser about his background and experience in estate planning. If you have a particular concern, such as passing a business down to your family or caring for a disabled relative, ask the adviser if he has had previous experience in such areas. In all cases, ask for an explanation of what the charges will be for services rendered, and get this understanding in writing.

Estate planning is an area where a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. Consider as an illustration a couple whom we will name Paul and Mary. They wanted to leave all their belongings equally to their three daughters. Since their daughter Sarah was living next door to them, they decided to add her name to their own, jointly titling their assets. ‘This way,’ they thought, ‘Sarah will be able to manage our assets if we become disabled. Additionally, jointly titling everything with Sarah means she will be the sole owner at our deaths, and we’ll avoid the need for a will and probate. She can just split what’s left with her sisters after we’re gone.’

But things did not work out as Paul and Mary had planned. After her parents’ death, Sarah did share their estate with her sisters, but the transfer to them brought about a tax that greatly reduced her share. Besides, being a joint owner did not give Sarah all the management capabilities her parents had wanted her to have. Paul and Mary’s objectives were good. They wanted to ensure that they would be cared for in the event of their disability. They also desired a smooth and inexpensive transfer of their assets to their children. However, they chose the wrong tools to carry out those objectives.

Planning your estate should not be a once-in-a-lifetime exercise. Periodic review is necessary because tax laws change, inheritance laws change, and circumstances in life change. The death of a relative, the birth of grandchildren, the receipt of an inheritance, and the growth of an asset are all events that could trigger the need for a review of your estate plan.

Yes, estate planning is a challenge. It involves time, energy, and dedication. And it frequently involves making some hard decisions. Planning an estate is a deeply emotional process. It involves the people and the causes you care about and your wishes for their future. It takes serious inward searching to decide what you want to do with your assets and to determine the best way to accomplish those goals. However, if one does not give proper attention to estate planning, serious problems can result, as illustrated in the opening experiences of this article. Yes, the rewards will more than justify the costs. The greatest reward is the peace of mind that comes from knowing you have an up-to-date plan to protect your loved ones.

[Footnotes]

The examples used in this article, although hypothetical, are based on composites of real-life experiences. In addition, the information presented in this article is based primarily on U.S. law, but the principles discussed apply in many other countries.

For more information, please see the brochure PlannedGivingtoBenefitKingdomServiceWorldwide, published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.

[Box

onpage26]

Steps

toTake

• Prepare an inventory of your estate, listing what you own and what you owe

• Determine your personal and family goals, objectives, and needs

• Select the people who will carry out your wishes as executor, trustee, and guardian for your children, and make sure that they are willing to accept the responsibility

• Find out the estate planning options available by seeking advice from someone experienced in estate planning

[Chart

onpage25]

Net

WorthWorkSheet

Assets

InYourNameInSpouse’sNameInJointNames

Residence (current

market value) $ $ $

Other real estate $ $ $

Bank accounts

(checking and

savings) $ $ $

Other cash

accounts $ $ $

Stocks, bonds,

and mutual funds $ $ $

Life insurance

(face value) $ $ $

Business partnership

interests $ $ $

Retirement plan

accounts $ $ $

Personal property $ $ $

Other assets

(specify) $ $ $

Total assets $ $ $

Liabilities

Mortgages $ $ $

Other loans or debts

(personal loans,

credit cards, etc.) $ $ $

Total liabilities

Net estate (assets

minus liabilities) $ $ $

[Picture

onpage25]

Estate planning involves planning for the future of your loved ones

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

That 1975 article is impressively compassionate. And published in such an interesting year...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit