I had a super-natural experience

by Blackboo 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Blackboo:

That wasn't a supernatural experience. It was a dream. You weren't wide awake, you just dreamt that you were. Perfectly normal experience. I would go as far as saying it was mundane, bordering on tedious in fact.

You've also just advertised to a large group of strangers how credulous you are. Be careful that someone doesn't take advantage of your gullibility.

• avengers
    avengers

There's definitely something in the air.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Dont want to burst... well ya I do.

I dream all the time with ego completely intact. This happens especially if your body falls asleep before your brain does. These dreams are quite indistinguishable from real life. The only way I know it was a dream is because I finally wake up. I agree it can seem like a supernatural experience, but that is just from ignorance of what really happen to you.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Last fall a few weeks before Halloween, I believe, I was at home alone with the girls. Mr Swan was working a double shift. It was around 11 pm and I was watching Little House on the Prarie (I should probably learn how to spell it though).

The unlocked side door opened and closed. It was not a windy night, rather still for fall. I thought Mr Swan got off work early. Someone walked down the stairs to the basement. The walking was not like shoes clapping on floors, it was the cadenced movement of steps creaking the floor. I looked around the corner from where I was sitting in my kitchen and waited for him to come back up. The footsteps came back up the stairs and by then I realized it was not him. I was thinking there was an intruder or something and wanted to go into the kitchen to get my phone but the footsteps were heading right back there. I stayed where I was wracking my brain what to do. The footsteps got to the kitchen...I didn't see anyone but could hear the kitchen floor squeaking as if someone was walking around. The footsteps came into the hallway of the living room where I was, then dissappeared.

Finally realizing that no one was there, I got up looked around and tried rationalizing away. Simple really: It was not the house doing old house things, it has never ever done that before or again. Although other things have happened. The house was not creaking due to wind, old age or settling, because I have lived here now for 7 years and know what that sounds like. It was, as I said, a cadenced movement and then it was just gone.

No, I wasn't drinking at all that night. No, I was not half asleep. No, I hadn't been using drugs. No, it wasn't something that I imagined, I was ready to call the police had my phone been by me. No, it wasn't my imagination being stoked by scary movies or the like, as I said I was watching Little House.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Maybe you were astroplaining, and trying to get back in right before you woke up, and your spirit guide was directing you back into your body! (well thats what Sylvia Browne would tell ya, not me)

• fedorE
    fedorE

There are such storys all the time related by ppl all over the world on radio...(coasttocoast) everything from astral projection, out of body exp,SHADOW ppl in your bedroom wearing diff hats and in different sizes, the old hag that appears over ur face, sleep paralysis,ghosts and appartions,.. ect ect...... told by ppl very convincingly. A lot of the time it makes u wonder how so many ppl can call in to a radio show with the exact same experience that u begin to suspect so many ppl are effected by the same mental thought processes...but who knows ...i dont.

• freeme
    freeme

BlackSwan of Memphis

thats a very convincing story... as long as you dont have lied straight ahead i really dont know what it was you experienced. and i do not have a reason to believe you lied. strange.

of course it could be a very very real hallunization... but... it doesnt seem likely.

the most shocking stories are these where more than one person is involved.

but in the end you never can come to a conclusion. the only way to get near a conclusion is to experience it yourself with other ppl around you who has seen the very same.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    the only way to get near a conclusion is to experience it yourself with other ppl around you who has seen the very same.

That will still only prove it to you, and the ppl around you.....not the skeptics. I have had about 5 or 6 people here that dont really believe in any of that...and they all heard my door open and shut and nobody was there. When I told them it happens alot....they wondered after hearing it themselves.

Or like when my hairdryer turned on by itself....(told this before), both my daughter and I heard it and saw it.......and later that day it did it again when about 5 people were here. Never did it again........so.......I dont know what to think!

Avoid the hallucinogens and you might experience a lucid interval.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

freeme, well, considering I didn't lie.....lol.

And you know what, I don't Expect others to believe or not believe, I don't Expect that others who are hard skeptics are going to leave this thread thinking "Yep I'm convinced." But it happened and we (Mr Swan and Myself) have gone over it and over it...and we think it was a ghost of sorts. That's our opinion, that doesn't mean that's what it was, but that's our explanation and we're ok with that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit