I had a super-natural experience

by Blackboo 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Blackboo
    Blackboo

I know some might not believe but i had this experience about 5 years ago. I was laying in the bed..and wide-awake..all of a sudden i literally saw a white-hand...that seem like a spirit..and it lifted me up in the air....and i actually felt my body coming back down to the bed..i was not dreaming at all..because i was aware of the things around the room..i wasnt scared but in awe of what happen. The hand was so real looking and i was staring at it..there was no face..it happen so fast..but i remember everything from the evil laugh afterwards too..that one blew me away. Anyone here had similar experiences of the super-natural.

• Mum
    Mum

No. I haven't heard of anything quite like that. It would be reallllly scary! Were you a JW at the time?

My mother told me that she was very close to her grandmother. On the night her grandmother died, my mom says she was lying in bed and felt herself being pulled upward for a minute or two, and then was let go. On the night Princess Diana died, my niece dreamed about Diana; she was pleading for her children to be taken care of.

Regards,

SandraC

• poppers
    poppers

Sometimes there can be a state where you are actually mentally awake while the body is physically asleep and there can be a separation from the body. I've had those myself. Check out Robert Monroe's books; he describes very similar things to what happened to you.

• Blackboo
    Blackboo

No i wasnt a witness at the time..but i did lose my mother in death around that time..but i dont believe that had to do with anything. Your right i believe my body was still sleep but i was mentally awake..but the images how do u explain that?

• eclipse
    eclipse

sleep paralysis causes hallucinations, it's well documented and a very common phenomenon

http://www.netwellness.org/question.cfm/50728.htm

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

When I meditate, I seem to leave my body.

Bit I don't characterize that as supernatural.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Your comparing apples and oranges, nvr my friend.

He wasn't meditating, he was half awake...

I too had a strange ''spiritual demonic'' experience while waking up, but it was only due to sleep paralysis, but the sounds and sensations felt REAL. Mine was actually very similar to your experience. I was lifted up off my bed, about 2 feet I guess, for what seemed like forever, but was probably for about 5-10 seconds. I heard a roaring sound like a train going by. I was gently placed back down as the sound died down.

They were all hallucinations of my still REM state mind.

edited to add: blackboo, I am not saying you merely hallucinated, but it is a very plausible explanation.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I had something weird happen in the middle of the night not long ago - I think it was what Eclipse described, Sleep paralysis. It was really weird but not scary at all. I thought I was wide awake but looking back I'm sure I couldn't have been, but what I saw seemed so real at the time.

• Marcel
    Marcel

i know of a recent experience in my circle of friends too.
    it was the hearing of voices (mostly at night). the jw threw almost her whole household (including normal furniture and stuff) to the trash, but the voices stayed. one time she went out she came not back for two days until the police grabbed her up and put her to an hospital where a same kind of mental disorder was diagnosed and is treated right now.

i wonder how much sleep john of patmos had...

• sparrow
    sparrow

me too! But the series finished a couple of weeks ago so I have to wait until next year I guess...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit