Don't Give Up

by Lady Lee 17 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Thanks for the good thoughts.

• jgnat
    jgnat

That story reminds me of a seed I'd forgotten we'd planted last fall. When it sprouted this spring, it was DIFFERENT from the other weed seeds I was pulling, so I left it alone. There it sat, it's first baby seedling leaves, unchanged, for over a month. It just didn't change. I suspected something BIG was going on underground, so I left it alone. Then POW, it started to shoot up. It has now blossomed, a beautiful sunflower.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Thank you. We all need reminders from time to time that we have worth, and if we are patient we can arrive at a brighter day. Maybe some on this forum are really looking for these reminders and need them today and how nice of you to share.

• emptywords
    emptywords

Lady Leethank you so much for this just beautiful, very powerful and I have saved this to read when I feel down, and unloved.

I am sure will inspire everyone else.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

For fellow agnostics or atheists poo pooing this thread, take from it it what you can.

Not all seed grow immediately. Not all effort is immediately acknowleged. Spme things take time to germinate and grwo. So don'r dispair over the immediate but look to future growth.

Not that hard of a concept to grasp if you can look past the religious stuff.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Lady Lee, thank you for sharing such a great read!

• justhuman
    justhuman

very nice one

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

My mother was a great story teller. She would always tell stories about how something miraculous happened and saved her or her children. I have a sister that's missing. She's my favorite sister; she's about a 1-1/2 years older than me. My sister has been missing for about 10 years. Even on her death bed, mom wouldn't say that Sister (that's her nick name) was dead. In fact, that's how I convinced the doctor that my mother wasn't in a permanent vegetative state. The doctor was saying that she was making "unpurposeful movements". He said she looks like she's shaking her head "yes", but can she shake her head "no". So, I asked mom if Sister was dead? She shook her head "no"! She always talked about the strength of a mustard seed. Mom, definitely, had it. She was a stronger woman than me. I think about that a lot, lately.

The last thing she said to me was that she "was ready to go to Jesus". Of course, around that time, that's when I told my family I no longer believed in God. How could he let that happen to my mother? She loved Jesus so much! Hopefully, she's with him. I dunno?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit