Gluttony and Drunkenness

by journey-on 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Marcel
    Marcel

yeah thats one thing i wondered more than once about.
    i never heard of ANYONE being dfed or in a jc for gluttony EVER! there are also almost none articles about it in the literature.
    its strange.

• ninja
    ninja

shut it fatso

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy
    shut it fatso

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    yeah thats one thing i wondered more than once about.
    i never heard of ANYONE being dfed or in a jc for gluttony EVER! there are also almost none articles about it in the literature.
    its strange.

Maybe that's because the elders at the jc would not have any juicy details to salivate over...well maybe except for the "juicy" food talk part.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I have always had a problem with the obvious JW hypocrisy of considering smoking a defilement of the flesh but not obesity. They are both unhealthy but I never heard of anyone being DF'd for being overweight. But then again 3/4 of all JW's would be gone along with a huge number of elders.

• JK666
    JK666

I never have heard of anyone getting in trouble over gluttonous behavior. JK

• magoo
    magoo

...............perhaps there is no judicial action against obese,over eaters due to as many elders being obese, overweight as regular rank & file ..

imagine there wouldn't be a whole lot of jdubs left if they punished overeaters..............unhappiness promotes overeating in most

magoo

• Mum
    Mum

Once I was told that gluttony is more than a matter of overeating, that it really meant depriving others for the purpose of having more for oneself. In the land of plenty, very few would fall within this description.

Sandra, of the "not as gluttonous as I probably appear" class

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy
    unhappiness promotes overeating in most

True that.

• exwitless
    exwitless

Since no one else has said it yet, I will: People can be overweight for many reasons besides simply overeating (medications, metabolic problems, etc.) People that make blanket statements asserting that overweight people simply eat too much, implying only a lack of self control, are 99.9% of the time ones who have NEVER struggled with their weight.

And by the way, there was a thread exactly like this about 3-4 weeks ago. It got deleted because some of the comments, although made in humor, were taken as offensive. Be careful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit