Assembly Deficits

by WTWizard 10 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I noticed a number of people have already had their summer a$$emblies, and fall a$$emblies are yet to come. What I would like to see is how many have noticed a deficit on the last afternoon accounts report, and if known, about how big was it. Also, did they have a surplus at an earlier report, particularly if the surplus was big and the amount of the deficit was impossibly large. And, did you see people scramble to donate money because the Watchtower Society was in danger of going belly-up?

Anyone who has yet to go: PLEASE DO NOT DONATE ANY MONEY TO THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY! They already have plenty, and they are sure to misuse the funds. If you are going to donate, then you should not be goaded to donate more in the last session to make up for the deficit. And, most importantly, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE A CHECK, DEBIT CARD, CREDIT CARD, OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT HAS YOUR ACCOUNT OR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER ON IT! This organization is likely to later use those numbers, especially if they see you are turning apostate, and forge a blank check or do something else to ruin your credit rating or get you in huge debt. The Watchtower Society should under no circumstances be trusted with such information!

• Arthur
    Arthur

The Watchtower Society does not use bank account information to ruin people's financial bearings. This is yet another rumor that has swirled around the net.

If the Society even attempted this, they would be caught immediately. Large corporations can't just make huge unauthorized debits to people's bank accounts and get away with it. Don't you think that you would hear these stories popping up in the press?

There is more than enough paranoid delusional fantasies floating around the net regarding the WTS - Russell / Masonic ties, subliminal images in artwork, Illuminati infiltration, and other silliness. How does all of this appear to the average JW lurker? It only reinforces to them that "apostates" have "lost it".

There are plently of serious issues (real issues) that we can address regarding the WTS. Let's please stick to facts instead of indulging in these childish and immaginative stories.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Ditto what Arthur said. Making wild accusations without any evidence can only serve to undermine our own credibility.

W

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

For real. I have never ever heard of the WTS making purchases in someones name who has gone apostate.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Why would the WTBTS, with its billions of revenue and assets, need to commit open and trackable fraud.

This type of rumor only serves the purpose of those spreading it. That being attention.

Always, back up your accusations with reliable facts. If you can't, then the chance of there being any truth in the information is next to nothing.

steve

• White Dove
    White Dove

I agree with the others. The only way that WTS would "misuse" your donation is as payouts to molestation victims. That is a huge waste of your money but isn't illegal or fraudulent. It is court ordered or something.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Thank you Arthur.

The WTS has no reason to steal money from people's accounts.

Mind controlled JWs freely turn over their $$$ - even their entire estates - to buy their way into a paradise earth they believe is to be provided through the WTBTS.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I agree, they have enough issues to sink a ship, we don't need to indulge in bogus accusations that cannot be substantiated.

From my experience most R&F Jdubs live paycheck to paycheck anyway, they don't usually have large bank accounts and /or wealth. They wouldn't be stealing much.

nj

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

The title of this thread reminded me of Ed Kretzinger, in Texas Circuit #1, who used to come on stage at some point during assemblies and give an accounts report based on expenses and contributions. Often he would say something like "We are in the HOLE!", and exhort those attending to give more generously.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

WTWizard, I wish you hadn't mixed the two messages. Your initial request is a perfectly valid one.

The Accounting Department does create a deficit for the last day. This is done through increasing the pledged District/Circuit donation to the Worldwide Work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit