DOES ANYONE STILL NOT CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS???

by chuckyy 34 Replies latest jw friends

• James Free
    James Free

No, not me. But those around me do and it's easy to get in the mood of it. But I know that a lot of it really does have a pagan root. It's not very Christian, despite what some may claim.

Even so, if it was very Christian I still wouldn't be interested, since celebrating the birth of a long gone Messiah set to return whenever the mood takes him does nothing for me.

And finally, I wouldn't do it for the non-religious side, as some do, because to me that's like eating a Big Mac without the burgers inside.

So what's left? Well, I celebrate New Year, because it inspires hope in the future - the real future, not some bogus religious false hope.

:)

• blondie
    blondie

I have realized over the years that Christmas tends to be a custom kept by women mostly. If men had to decorate the tree, cook/bake the food items, select, buy and wrap the presents, Christmas would be vastly different.

I have found many nonjws place little if any importance on Christmas, secularly or religiously. It has become a lynchpin for the economy in the US at least. What would Walmart, Toys Are US, etc., do if people stopped buying for Christmas?

But why imitate others, if you find something fun and joyous in some of the customs, why not?

Blondie

• rose petal
    rose petal

I do, because of the grandchildren. They are still young enough to express delight at the presents they get. I don't bother with the decorations, etc, because I couldn't be bothered. Coming from England, I used to have the whole Christmas dinner thing, but also it's too hot down under in December. It's bbq weather! rose petal

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I dont believe in Jebus, but I give a gift or two here and there. Try to take part in the more debauched, depraved, pagan aspects of the holyday.

• free2think
    free2think
    I dont believe in Jebus, but I give a gift or two here and there. Try to take part in the more debauched, depraved, pagan aspects of the holyday.

this part?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit