The New Doom and Gloom Watchtower

by Save My Soul 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I am aware of the new magazines that are coming out in January, R & F and public. Was it said that the new magazines would have more doom and gloom? What was the phrasing used in the description for the R & F WT?

Did they give a reason for the change? (Jah speeding up the work?)

Thanks

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

From what I understand, this will allow them the chance to present a split image. One is the Showcase edition. In this, they will present the image of a religion where nothing bad happens, everyone is happy, and it is quite easy to follow. This is the image that the legislators are going to get, making it more likely for the Tower to win its legal battles (that is, if the legislators fall for it). There could well be more gloom and doom for those who do not take it now, since the "end" is "so close" as it has been since 1874.

The other edition is for the members, and is the Kool-Aid edition. Here are the hard to swallow doctrines. The stated purpose is to allow them to use jargon without explaining it to the public. The actual purpose is so they can make ever more ridiculous new rules and policies without the public being aware of its going on. Again, there could be more gloom and doom to scare people out of leaving. I think, however, that it is going to give them the window to create even worse rules, bans, and requirements for those within the religion. Either way, I hope it is gloom and doom--for them.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Contents page from the first public Watchtower:

3.......Gloom

7........Doom!

9........Death!!

12.....Destruction!!!

15.....Where can you find true Joy?

18......I was a teenaged mutant ninja pioneer

21......Drawing and Quartering: Those were the days, my friend!

23......Things to do with your 1,000 skeletons after Armageddon

27......Flesh-eating bacteria for the eyes and tongue

29.....Nano disassemblers: are they a gift from Jehovah?

31.....Questions from readers: How to care for a 130 year old Sockpuppet

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Instead of Kool-aid there be a cyanide scratch and sniff on the back page

• White Dove
    White Dove

When I was on the inside, every so often I would think about the horrible persecution we JWs would have to go through. You know the kind, torture Nazi style and Inquisition style. That brought to mind the cyanide capsules that spies use for instant death with little pain and no betrayals of secrets or loyalty. I thought that when it comes my time to "stand firm" that I would poison myself some how so I could pass Jehovah's test without much pain. Oh how SICK the society seems to me now! They actually expect their own people to suffer torture for their god! Makes me very angry. Oh, and if you succom under pressure and do what the bad guys want, you get DFd!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    When I was on the inside, every so often I would think about the horrible persecution we JWs would have to go through

White Dove - The August 15 WT (second study article) is titled, "We Can Benefit By Enduring Suffering."

"No matter what those with the earthly hope may now lose or voluntarily give up because of serving Jehovah, he will reward them superabundantly with what he will do in the future. He will give them perfect, endless life on a paradise earth."

Sounds good, but the reality is that we are suffering for the benefit of the WT.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No - I am 100% certain there will be less doom and gloom for the general public. The phrase used for the brothers was "The Counsel can be more pointed and direct"

• emptywords
    emptywords

Pretty sure it was mentioned in a KM a few months ago (cant find may km) and was iterated by my BSConductor that because of the witness language those in the world don't understand the study articles like when it say CO, DO, pioneer, PO, bethelite, and the heavier or meatier articles, that may be true of one reason but I smell a big rat.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    The other edition is for the members, and is the Kool-Aid edition. Here are the hard to swallow doctrines. The stated purpose is to allow them to use jargon without explaining it to the public. The actual purpose is so they can make ever more ridiculous new rules and policies without the public being aware of its going on. Again, there could be more gloom and doom to scare people out of leaving. I think, however, that it is going to give them the window to create even worse rules, bans, and requirements for those within the religion. Either way, I hope it is gloom and doom--for them.

Ah, WTWizard, still crafting magically wonderful posts and topics....

These Kool-Aid mags will be the formal initiation of insider vs. outsider doctrine that hallmarks the cult. I agree with your assessment. Maybe they will copy the SDAs with their "flagship publication." It's hard to see them make the jump from anonymous, poorly referenced propaganda to authored, polished propaganda, but I see that as the way to truly make a shiny public image.

Meanwhile, the Kool-Aid mag will have instructions on how to install the Slave's(TM) "approved internet browser."

• jah1914
    jah1914

Hmmm.....so the letter that was read to the congregations specifically states that not all countries will have the Watchtower/Awake divided into public and study editions.

My guess is this is to stop the follow of ammunition to 'apostates' in developing countries, that use resources like to internet to research groups before becoming members. For a certainity doctrine changes are probably coming, but they have introduced 'major' new light before in the magazines. The variable seems to be countries with 'higher' disassociated populations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit