Watchtower 100th Birthday Celebration Edition

by AlphaOmega 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A truly truer sad thing , from a dubs point of view is that a further 28 years have past, and what has happened? Nothing !! the world stumbles on and J W 's keep preaching the end...When will they learn?

• Mum
    Mum

My ex-husband brought me an article in a national magazine (maybe Time or Newsweek) about the celebration. The article made the point that the WT forbade birthday celebrations but would celebrate its own. The irony and double standard were noted.

In French, the word for birthday is "anniversaire." In Spanish it is "cumpleanos" (with a diacritical mark which I can't find on my keyboard above the "n") which means completion of a year. Whatever it's called, it's the same thing! All of you JW's out there, take the cue. The Watchtower is okay with birthday celebrations no matter what they tell you.

Regards,

SandraC

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

BluesBrother, my boy, you hit on something significant.

This is their 128th year of publication!

What about the 120 years of Noah?

GONE! DONE! OVER!

In the can with the watermelon rinds and last week's paper!

Oh, savor the SWEETNESS once again!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Mum,

A "ñ" can be made by pressing the ALT key and while holding it down, pressing 164 on your numeric keypad (not the numbers at the top of the qwerty layout).

There is an entire UNIVERSE of special alt characters!

See http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/ALTchrc.html

Cheers!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

mum

just as a sidenote to the thread.... (ok, an outright hijack is underway) the only way to get the tilde (~) above the n in spanish words is to type the character in Word and copy it to the forum.

In the forum, type the word you are looking to put the funny character, leaving a blank space for the letter, then continue typing your sentence. Go into Word document....hold down CTRL-SHIFT and then the tilde character AT THE SAME TIME. (to the left of the 1 key on most english keyboards), then let loose of those 3 keys, hit n (lower case) or N (shift N for upper case). The tilde will appear above the letter. Copy/paste the ñ into the forum, you will have to correct spacing. Make sure you insert the character after you finish the sentence. If you dont, when you insert the ñ your font will change like this.

It seems like a big hassle, but if you know how to do it, it takes less than 10 seconds. (this works for those little dots above german letters:( ü ) also, just replace tilde with colon in the above instructions.)

SnakesInTheTower (of the "just trying to help, not hijack the thread" Sheep Class)

• Mum
    Mum

Thanks, NN and Snakes!

Regards,

SandraC

• changeling
    changeling

Is that a cake or a pillow?

changeling

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Is that a cake or a pillow?

changeling

It's a cake... it really had a watchtower on it... I just removed the words and put the candles on it I'd love to know what the article was and where it was printed...

• heretic
    heretic
    adjusted to keep pace with advancing bible enlightenment

Yep that bible changes all the time its hard to keep pace.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    A "ñ" can be made by pressing the ALT key and while holding it down, pressing 164 on your numeric keypad (not the numbers at the top of the qwerty layout).

Nate - I use a laptop and don't have a numeric keypad. Is there anyway I can do it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit