AM I THE ONLY GUY IN THE WORLD WHO....?

by Duncan 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Duncan
    Duncan

Okay, here’s how this works:

Either reply to mine, or make up your own new ones.

* AM I THE ONLY GUY IN THE WORLD WHO… * .

…thought that the original studio cut of Bladerunner was better than the "Director’s Cut" ?

…actually thinks Edwina Currie is attractive?

…thinks, despite appearances, that David Beckham is actually an extremely shrewd, intelligent man, who’ll end up in politics?

…prefers to drink Stella out of tins, rather than bottles?

…thinks the M25 is a bloody good thing?

… thinks "Little Britain" is a lazy, repetitious, five (at most) idea, not-terribly-funny show that has been stretched outrageously over 2 series?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Sorry, I had to google everything on your list.

actually thinks Edwina Currie is attractive?

She does have an ok rack.

• Duncan
    Duncan

Hello IP,

it's all pretty much British stuff, I must admit.

Am I the only guy in the UK who....

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wait a minute I remember Bladerunner, I know who David Beckham is, and I get BBC America and have seen Little Britain (which I like).

Can a gal play this game too?

• greendawn
    greendawn

The M25 is a motorway just outside London that goes around the entire city in a ring. It is often congested and frustrating to drive on.

I would say am I the only male that doesn't bet on the horse (or dog) races and doesn't play the lotto?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    not-terribly-funny

thats an exaggeration.

• Duncan
    Duncan

Hi Mrs Jones,

Can a gal play this game too?

Of course!

Guys, gals - and not just Brits!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

AM I THE ONLY GUY IN THE WORLD WHO....

Thinks that Dick Cheney is adorable.....errr....sorry, that should read 'a doorbell'?

HS

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

Am I the only guy in the world that only has freinds online, despite being a freindly person?

I'm pretty outgoing :P .

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Must drink Stella in Stella stemware, or in bottles. Well tins are ok as well.

In fact, any Belgian ale in any container will do quite nicely.

May I recommend a bottle of:

Van Steenberge

Piraat

ABV 10.5% • Vol 330 ml • bottle • Belgium • Mid-price • Flavour 7
    Other beers from Van Steenberge
    Other beers from Belgium

This is a very strong Belgian ale. It is pale golden in colour, with a thick, bubbly, very resilient head. There are lots of light phenols and esters on the nose, with a subtle touch of darker malt lurking in the background. On the palate it immediately makes its strength known through its potent alcohol mouthfeel and sweetness, but at the same time is surprisingly smooth and rounded in a warmingly spirit-rich, malty way. There is bitterness present, more easily attributable to malt flavours than hops, and dark, dry puddingy fruit notes such as raisins and sultanas. Its thickness in the mouth becomes cloying throughout the finish and well through the malty aftertaste. This is certainly a beer full of depth and character, perhaps a little sweet and unsubtle for some tastes, but nonetheless a quality strong ale.

OBBD reviewer: Sparks

ADD A COMMENT TO THIS BEER

If you've tried this beer and liked it, you may also like to try
    Why have we suggested these?

Review updated 17 November 1998

Comments

A very nice beer, in the same style as Duvel, a strong golden ale. Hoppier in flavour, deeper in colour, stronger in alcohol and, dare I say it, much nicer in flavour than Duvel. Not quite so clean on the palate perhaps, but all the better for that. To be recommended. [Score: 9]
    Ian

I drank the Piraat as well as Gulden Draak in a white bottle with Dustin Alcorn at one of our tasting sessions. Not taking any notes at the time, I remember alcohol taste, very strong. I would prefer a Duvel.
    Darren Dieterich

I had this beer one evening after I had been drinking quite heavily so maybe my impressions of this strong golden ale aren't quite accurate. The nose was overwhemingly alcoholic with a tiny hint of hops. In the mouth it was definitely complex, but not nearly as refined as its golden ale counterpart, Duvel. This beer is by no means subtle, and is not for the timid or uneducated palate. Indeed it is a good beer, but not nearly as good as Duvel, and I will not be searching this one out anytime soon.
    Dustin Alcorn

This beer is advertised as an IPA, but considered by most drinkers to be more of a strong triple, or strong ale. It is not really a direct competitor with Duvel as are Judas and Hapkin.
    St. Inebrius

Is absolutely the best!!!! Really!!!
    Nadir

Have you reviewed the 9% version of this beer?
    [No - though we'd be interested to know how the two versions differ -ed]
    Derek Smith

Aw, man! A Piraat's life for me!!
    Mike Elliott

No finer beer on Earth...3 Piraat's will make you famous!!!
    Joe Bad

Nice golden colour when poured, then seems to fade a little. Very sweet, strong alcoholic smells. A dominate hoppy and bitter aftertaste. I can see the (slight)comparison to a Duvel...but dosent hide the alcohol anywhere near as well.The strong phenol notes masks everything else.Too brutish for mine.
    HopsHappy

INDEED!! this beer is absolutely delicious anyone appreciating good belgian beer has to try this one!! brilliant!!
    STYMIE

I'm going to have to agree with HopsHappy. This beer is just too bitter. If you want such a strong taste, you can drink whiskey.
    Howie S.

There are strong family resemblances to Boucanier- the blonde variety. Of the two I prefer Piraat, its being rather more flavoursome, perfumed, and heavily caramel in outlook. I drink no more than 150ml of these powerful beers at a sitting in order to retain my sense of discrimination; it is a complete waste of time, I find, attempting to apply one's critical appreciation to beer when the senses are dulled.
    eric8g

I remember this stuff from when I lived in N London years ago. The local Oddbins used to stock it occasionally. It has to be the most flavoursome strong beer I have ever tasted. Exquisite!
    Small Tim Bigheart

The 9% version I found to be very close to Duvel you could say it's a piraated copy :-) there is no sweetness there it's bitter and dry, also the label on the bottle is more upmarket than the one above.
    David Piggford

Return to the search page.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit