DAUGHTER AND NIECE IN EUROPE

by outnfree 24 Replies latest jw friends

• RAF
    RAF

Wow O&F ... Thanks for taking the time to tell us why

Me? OY... well nothing to do with your excellence in the matter (English as you can tell about the mess)

From almost 3 to 9 1/2 living 6 months in Belgium/6 months in France I was billingual in Duch of Nederland but never wrote it, didn't have classes over there, I went to school but I guess they didn't considere I really needed to have classes (little black girl !!!) ... though I had the right to play all day with the turtles for instance, talking with the nones and dreaming - I can tell school was cool there - LOL - dont remember much of this language now I haven't practice it since then and I just turned 40 (I've only went twice for each time for a week - some things came back quiet naturally on the last days but I fell totally lost the very first days - and realised when I've tried to answer sometimes that I did confused English with it - it's somehow a mixe in between German-English-whatever- and even a bit of French) ...

I've learned a bit of Italian by 2 years classes - wanted to take spanish (but have no regrets - Even if I can get crazy over the latino spanish accent - Oh my .. byt so does Italian me either). It's actually the teacher who bothered me at first (he was previously my historian teacher and Italian himself) he told me that I should take italian since my name was italian (back then I didn't knew my father's familly history yet and got the confirmation way later, my grand-grand father was a pharmacologiste which immigrated in Martinique).

• greendawn
    greendawn

Outnfree I don't live in any of those places but having travelled myself many times I would say that their schedule is excessive for the number of days they have. In my view it's better to visit less places in that time and not get stressed out so as to become unable to enjoy the trip.

They don't want to end the trip feeling totally exhausted.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Greendawn,

I actually agree with you, but believe it or not, this is actually the scaled-down itinerary! AND we Americans, especially my family, are used to spending long hours in the car. When the kids were growing up, the closest relatives were 9-1/2 hours away. And we made regular trips to see them.

So, they're young, they're in Paris tonight with RAF, and they head to Amsterdam on Thursday, I believe. Also, these two are probably the most "go-getting" type personalities out of all the children of that generation.

So wish them luck - or, rather -- endurance?

out

• greendawn
    greendawn

If that's their travelling style I suppose they will enjoy it. For me I prefer to see less places and travel at a relaxed pace because after all travelling is about relaxing and meeting the locals and their culture. I want to avoid being more tired rather than refreshed at the end of the trip. That long schedule I would do in two months.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Omigosh! Do you know what those crazy kids DID today?!!!

Canyon Jumping in Interlaken, Switzerland!!!!! (They lived, so I guess its okay.)
    Info here: http://www.interlakenadventure.com/canyon_jumping_e.php

What it's like is found here on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe-dhLVafPA
    I can't make the linkswork, so cut and paste if you're at all curious.

Katie still can't believe she did it. She pretty much needed to ask for a push. Lisa had already gone before her.
    Tonight they are in Lausanne, where I attended school more years ago than I want to think about!

RAF - I am absolutely in your debt for your wonderful hospitality last week. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
    They got to Amsterdam, and Brussels, and Munich (and Dachau)
    Grosses bises! Et on se verra un jour -- garantie!

Brenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit