How many SCUBA divers on JWD?

by JK666 17 Replies latest social physical

• JK666
    JK666

Hi,

I have been diving for 23 years. I've dove in Florida, the Caribbean, the Graat Lakes, and a number of other puddles.

My last major trip was Key West. Any others out there in JWD land? Any funny experiences? I have a bunch!

JK

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I've been diving with the sharks in the Caribbean and the sea urchins in Maine.

• minu
    minu

No, i'm scared some weird fish or shark will get hungry and eat me. I'm scared i'll run out of air. scared i'll have a leg cramp and won't be able to get out of the water when i'm being chased by a scary fish. basically, i'm just scared of being in the water. i'll keep my feet on the ground.

My poor husband is trying to get me to go with him, i just haven't accepted the fact that i won't get eaten by a fish. He's also trying to get me to jump out of an airplane. Can't wrap my mind around that either.

It sounds like i'm a scaredy cat but i'll do most anything 'cept jump out of a plane and get in the ocean, river, pond, lake.

• manhasbecomelikeoneofus
    manhasbecomelikeoneofus

ive only been diving for six years but love it. my last dive was two years ago in tulum mexico. i dove the cenotes with the brother of a friend of mine who lives down there and spends his time exploring and mapping places no one has ever seen before. it was wild!!!! the most intense thing ive ever done really. you are forced to be completely zen because there is no light, no way out, no air pockets and nothing but rock above and below. we dove a well travelled cenote that he could dive in his sleep and about twenty minutes in we swim by a sign written in spanish (which i dont speak) with the number 30 and a graphic of the grim reaper on it. we dont even pause. when we surface i ask him what it said and he informs me that it was a warning that 30 divers including instructors have died in there and that there is nothing cool enough past the sign to risk your life over! and like i said we swam right by it! i highly recommend diving there!

• JK666
    JK666

UC,

Maine is COLD!!! Much like the Great Lakes. The main difference is that the Great Lakes are fresh water, unlike the salty ocean. Due to the additional weight of the water, oceans have a rolling wave pattern compared to the Great Lakes. The GL's chop and beat you up more.

Anyone else want to corroborate? (I hope I spelled that right for Terry)

JK

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Cozumel

Grand Cayman

Grand Bahama

Playa de Carmen, Mexico - cenotes

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/10244/cat/500

• JK666
    JK666

minu,

I made a pact when I started diving 23 years ago. I stopped eating shark in restaurants, if they would not eat me. It has worked out so far!

JK

• minu
    minu
    I made a pact when I started diving 23 years ago. I stopped eating shark in restaurants, if they would not eat me. It has worked out so far!

Ha! LOL, I've never eaten shark. My husband continues to educate me on diving and one day maybe i'll get over this fear. I hear the only way to get over your fears is to face them, I guess I'll have to test that theory one day.

• JK666
    JK666

manhas . . .,

I have done cavern diving, penetration wreck diving, and very limited cave diving. Cave diving is too dangerous for my blood! If you get silted out and do not have a safety line, you are dead meat. Much like the 30 in that cave before. No way would I try it without twin 100's and twin regulators! Dangerous shizzz.

I have dove Grand Cayman and Grand Bahama. Did you do the North Wall in GC? Stingray City? My favorite was Hepp's Pipeline by the Turtle Farm on the north end of 7 Mile Beach. Lots of fish and beautiful coral!

Later I will share a funny story from Grand Bahama.

Ciao,

JK

• JK666
    JK666

minu,

Any dive you live through is a good dive! (wink)

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit